Danijel Subasic | Last minute surprise

I'll just publish everything I'd written and just... lurk around? I'm alive 😁💞

"You know I'd give anything to be there tomorrow but..." you sadly sighed, looking at your laptop screen, "you know my boss. She would never give me a day off, even if I was dying, I think." You tried to chuckle to cover up your emotions, but it wasn't very convincing - at least not to Danijel, your boyfriend of two years.

"I get it, I guess... gosh, I wish you could make it! You never know, miracles happen every day." He smiled at the screen. "Your support means the world to me."

"Aw babe, I know. And you know I love watching you play and cheering on you more than anything, right?" You grinned trying your best to look happy for him although you were hours apart.

"Yeah. Listen, I need to go now because we have the last training before the match, so..." Danijel shrugged and looked up at you through the screen, "I love you."

"I love you too. And good luck, I know you will make me proud, you always do." You gave him a warm smile and he blew a kiss to the camera before shutting it off and getting his training bag.

You closed your laptop as well, now alone in the apartment. There were only a few hours left until the Monaco versus Borussia Dortmund match and you had to go to work, instead of going to support your boyfriend in the quarter finals. But you remembered your boss liked football too... so maybe with a little bit of charm and persuasion you could talk her into giving you a day off, and you could probably still make it on time for the match.

Driving like maniac through the crowded streets of Monaco you prayed not to hit anyone and to find the stadium as soon as possible. After all you managed to sweet talk your boss into letting you off work, but only after promising to get Radamel Falcao's autograph for her son. That wasn't supposed to be a problem, you were good friends with him and were sure he wouldn't mind.

After roaming around the parking lot for some time you managed to find a spot, quickly threw on your Monaco jersey and ran towards the stadium. When you entered, the game had already started and the result was 1-0, Monaco was in the lead and you smiled widely.

You settled in your seat, in the first row just above the bench. The game was pretty good and the fans were crazy. The second goal for Monaco sent you into fits of screams and happy yells with the rest of the crowd. It seemed everything was going great for your team tonight, but Borussia was still in the game - Reus managed to score for them, and you knew even if Monaco won, Danijel would blame himself for that goal and always complain how 'he could go more left' or 'he should have jumped higher'.

He still hasn't noticed you in the crowd, but some of his teammates definitely did and signaled to him that you were there. Danijel looked at you with a bright smile and formed a heart with his hands while Monaco was attacking and there was no one in front of his goal. You excitedly waved and showed him a thumbs up.

The game was nearing the end, and as Germain scored another goal for Monaco the crowd (including you) became wilder than ever - it was obvious that Monaco was in the semifinals now!

The players started running towards the bench to celebrate together and Danijel instantly went to your seat. "You're here! Admit it - you've been planning this, hm?" He smirked at you, pulling you in for a big hug.

"Not at all, but it doesn't matter now. You won! Oh my gosh, you're in the semifinals, I am so proud of you!" You basically screamed at your boyfriend and hugged him even tighter. "You deserved it, one hundred percent."

Just as the both of you started leaning in for a kiss someone interrupted the moment - it was Radamel who apparently wanted you to congratulate him too.

"That was a great goal,man. Congrats! You deserve it!" You gave him a fist bump and he laughed.

"Thanks. Danijel told me you weren't going to be here, what happened?" He asked, pointing at you and your boyfriend, who gave you a curious look.

"Well, my boss' son just happens to be your fan so she let me go if I could do her a favor, precisely get your autograph." You shrugged, "I hope that's okay."

"He didn't want mine?" Danijel whined making you laugh.

"No problem at all, [Y/N]" Falcao said, "In fact, here you go." He took off his shirt and handed it to you. "Give it to him - you will have to take more days off now we're in the semis!" The boy winked at you and left you alone with Danijel again, who murmured something like 'flirt'.

You just laughed and waved it off, pulling your boyfriend into a passionate kiss. "Don't mind him... we're celebrating tonight!"

✖✖✖

A/N: in case you don't know ☝ Danijel is a Croatian goalkeeper who plays for Monaco but I guess you did know that... whatever 😂