Chapter 1

Hi!!!! I am so excited for this story! I have worked so hard on it and I can't wait to share it with you all! I have so many plans for this story and I really hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do!

Here we go!!!

"Double cappuccino", Aidan says, taking the order of the customer in line.

I start on the cappuccino when Aidan started to talk to me.

Aidan asked, "So, how was the date?"

"I set down the cappuccino I was making and turned to him with a glare.

"You want to know how your blind date was," I asked him rhetorically.

"It was awful. I was so bored. I have never been so bored in my life. I understand you want to protect me but stop setting me up with the most boring people ever", I said before I went back to making the cappuccino.

Aidan and I work in an old coffee shop. Barely anyone comes here. Currently there is one person that is waiting for their coffee and one person who I hope is sleeping.

"Sorry. But there is a person coming today..." Aidan trails off.

"What did you do?" I hand him the cappuccino and glare at him.

"I asked my best friend to stop by. I haven't seen him in awhile and since we are both so busy I wanted him to come by here."

"I hate you", I said.

"Actually I want you to stay away from him."

"Why?"

"He is not good for you. Leave it at that", he said before heading into the back room.

That my piqued interest. Why is he bad for me?

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the door bell. That meant someone walked in. I look up and see Shay come inside.

"I'm going on my break", I call to Aidan.

"Okey dokey artichokey", he called back. I rolled my eyes at his dorky-ness.

"Hey Shay, Are you on break", I asked her as I walked to the seat she is in.

"Yeah, Aidan told me about his friend coming and I wanted to see him. Aidan showed me a photo and, oh my lord he is gorgeous", she explained.

"How was the date Aidan set you up on?"

"Don't ask", I said, sighing.

Aidan and Shay are a couple. They have been dating for a very long time. I told them I was sick of being single so they started setting me up with people. Shay is my best friend and has been since first grade, she is really protective. I love her but she is way too protective.

Shay giggled and said, "I told Aidan that you would hate him."

"Well, congratulations you were right!"

She continued to stare out the window, watching for Aidan's friend.

"I get you want to protect me but please stop setting me up."

"Yeah, whatever", she waved me off and stared out the window again.

A few minutes later we hear the bell ring and I look up to see who it is.

The person that walks through the door is a shock. He has black hair and gorgeous blue eye. He was wearing a black suit that has to be thousands of dollars.

His eyes landed on me and he smirked before he went to the front counter and started talk to Aidan who was cleaning the counter.

I look at Shay who is already staring at me and I whisper, "Wow."