Chapter 46 - Perfect Questions, Perfect Answers Part 1

As the owner of voice came closer, Sid and Ravi's eyes darted at that person. Wait! Why he has similar attire like Braja? Same shaved head, dhoti and kurta. The only difference: he wore yellow-clad. Unlike Braja's saffron ones.

And what amazed both Ravi and Sid should be the laughter into which that guy burst out. At first, this guy screamed at the top of his voice and now laughing?

Sid turned his attention back on Braja, who shot a friendly stare at that yellow-clad guy. Braja did have a calmed expression ruling over his face as if he knows this guy personally. What the hell is going on!?

"You scared them, Gopal!" Braja finally broke the silence, his voice held chastising tone.

"What!?" Gopal came running before Sid and Ravi. And when he set his eyes on them, he slapped his forehead and pressed his lips together in a thin line. "I'm extremely sorry guys, I thought you were regular students. You see, I yelled to scare Braja but the guy didn't even flinch!"

This added more to the glory of Braja in Sid's mind, but Gopal's face was plastered with anxiety. "You see, me and Braja we both are good friends. We crack jokes, we poke fun at each other, we eat together. Almost like how mundane friends do. But no, we are not mundane friends—"

"Gopal! Gopal! It's alright, chillax." Braja interrupted.

"Yeah that's fine," Sid said on behalf of Ravi as well.

Actually, Gopal was quite a sensitive person since he was aware of the fact that how easily people form an opinion about a spiritual person. He heaved a sigh of relief and talked with Braja about managerial duties of the temple.

"I'm extremely sorry guys," Braja said with a smile while looking at Sid and Ravi, standing up from his chair. "I'll be back in half an hour or shall we continue next time?"

There was no way Sid would leave this golden opportunity of having a person who can answer all of his questions. "That's fine, we'll wait."

Braja smile extended into a grin and his thumb slightly raised up, but it wasn't a complete thumbs up because he walked off quickly. While rushing out of the basement he glanced at his friend who posed a question before he could speak. "You know these new kids?"

"They are spiritual seekers," Braja replied gravely. "You should be there an hour ago. That Sid guy, he literally cornered me with his catch-22 question."

"Cornered you?" Gopal repeated, his voice was close to a laughter. "Well, it's very rare to see teenagers these days searching for the Absolute Truth."

"Yeah. He's very intelligent."—Braja's facial expression turned serious for a moment—"I think one day he'll be an inspiration to many."

*****

While Ravi busied himself in his cellphone, there was a bookshelf that made Sid got up from his seat; it was as if his legs dragged him towards the books. He skimmed over some titles of the books: Bhagavad Gita As It Is, Beyond Illusion and Doubt, The Journey Home, Krsna, Hidden History of Human Race, The Science of Self-realization, and Mahabharat.

He eagerly pulled out Mahabharat and began reading it from the first chapter. Just within a few sentences, he was intrigued. He felt words were talking to him and he could visualize every scene in my mind, thanks to "don't tell, show" skills of the author.

He didn't even realize how forty minutes passed, still he was reading the book. It was only Ravi's interrupting that snap him out of his absorption. "I think we should leave, that monk must've forgotten about us."

"Mahabharat is amazing," Sid was still unable to tear his eyes from the book, but then his mind became alerted with what Ravi had said. Yes, he must've forgotten about them. "Well, let's wait for ten minutes if he doesn't come, then we'll make a move."