Chapter 45 - Conquerors of the Unconquerable

"Alright let's go," Sid said. He and Ravi was staring at the Hare Krishna temple.

Somehow or other he convinced Ravi to tag along. Although Ravi identified himself as a believer of PK ideology, but Sid offered him the whole different perceptive of looking at spirituality. GK for PK, or in short, Gita knowledge over PK's knowledge.

Ravi played a rapid fire round of questions with Sid as well:

God would say instead of wasting money on Him give it to poor? He received an answer: yes true, but God would also say that instead of wasting money on entertainment, sports, wars, and luxuries, give it to poor. Our connection with God is direct, we don't need anyone in between. He received an answer, you can't hold fire with bare hands, you need a tool to hold fire. Now just because the media turns a blind eye on genuine gurus that doesn't mean they don't exist: seek and you shall find.

The last question almost got him convinced. When I see poverty and suffering of the people, it makes me feel God is dead. He received an answer: why don't you turn the question around, does your faith in God increases when you see prosperity and luxury of the people?

As everything was said and done, Ravi and Sid were at the Hare Krishna temple. Probably Sid wanted to buy more books or find a spiritual guide. He really didn't have a clue about how he was going to find a spiritual guide, it was just advice of the mysterious person which was driving him.

Both friends entered into the temple premises. What amazed Sid as always about this place was, singing of Hare Krishna mantra was never at rest here. What make them sing or chant the names of Lord Krishna and Rama all the time? Don't they feel tired or bored doing it all the time?

The temple was crowded, but it wasn't a festive occasion. It's just that, people love to visit this place. Sid and Ravi took darshan of the deities—darshan means catching a glimpse—and exited out of the temple.

While Ravi headed towards the restroom, Sid unconsciously followed him. His hopes were drowning like a paper boat since an eligible person was not appearing before his eyes to talk about spirituality; most of the people were visitors.

On the right hand side, there was a building which was a monastery for monks to dwell; the building was under renovation. On the left hand side there was kirtan playing inside the temple, loud enough to hear.

Some laborers were trying to put a huge cupboard into the first floor of the building. Because the cupboard was broad, it couldn't go from the doorway. However, the window was broad enough to go in.

All of a sudden there was a crack on a table onto which a laborer was standing, and helping to support that cupboard to go in. He tripped and fell, and balance from all sides got tottered. The humongous cupboard rushed downwards and stood on the ground, it was moving like a pendulum. And... It titled at the opposite side. The worst part: a toddler was playing exactly at the direction of cupboard, as it was about to fall.

As if everything turned into a slow motion, some people sprinted to save the kid. "RUN! HELP HIM!" This must be from the toddler's mother. Everyone howled and raced towards that toddler to get him off. But before humongous cupboard could iron-press the toddler, a man like a flash speed picked up the kid and ran away. The cupboard crashed on the ground with a tumultuous "dhuum." The impact was so powerful that dust floated above the ground for awhile.

When the dust swept away Sid was able to fix his eyes at the person who saved the toddler, he was monk. Several cymbals were jingling repeatedly inside the temple—it was the last part of kirtan—as in resembling rainy sound; there were loud drum beats, erupting every now and then.

The kirtan going inside the temple stopped, so as that monk got totally visible: he was in his late twenties, wearing saffron kurta and dhoti; though he had abandoned the symbol of his beauty—his hair, but still he was extremely handsome; he was fair and healthy.