Chapter Twenty-Three

Felix's Point of View:
Using the rental car, I gassed it all the way to Jack's place. My grip was so tight on the steering wheel that my knuckles were turning white. That... kid called me, told me that Jack was hurt, then Anti fell over, then wouldn't get up. I was confused. First of all, who was this child? Second of all, when did Anti leave Jack's body? And third of all, how did they get hurt!? Dammit, why can't this car in front of me go any faster!?

   I took a left at the next intersection, then sped down the road. I came to a screeching halt at Jack's house, then threw the door open. I ran to the door, and pounded on it. "Jack?!"

The door opened, and a small child stood there, looking nervous. "J-Jack, and Daddy are hurt... please!"

I stared at them for a moment, then pushed past them, running in towards Jack's room. That kid followed quickly, then rushed to Anti's side on the floor. I glanced at him for a moment, then went to Jack, laying on the bed. He was breathing evenly, and looked fine, a clean bandage over his forehead. I relaxed with a sigh, then turned back to Anti. It was then that I noticed the metallic smell hovering over him. My gaze found his shirt, soaked in blood. 

The kid looked up at me, crying. "I-I don't know what to d-do... D-Daddy said I couldn't touch the red stuff..."

I gripped my hair, then crouched. "Go get me a medical kit. It should be in the bathroom, maybe even the kitchen."

She nodded, then ran off.

I slowly, and carefully peeled Anti's sweatshirt back, gagging at the sight. His skin was peeled back, from the middle of his ribs to his hip. It was hanging , but only barely. it would need to me stitched back on. Shuddering, I managed to get the sweatshirt off, with difficulty, before the kid came back, a big box in her arms. I took it from her, then hesitated. "You should wait outside."

"B-but... Daddy..."

I grimaced. "Kid, listen. This is gross, and I'm sure Anti wouldn't want ya' to see this. Go wait in the living room."

Chewing her lip, then left slowly, shutting the door softly.

I sighed, then opened the box, and pulled on the clear, rubber gloves kept inside. "I'm no doctor, Anti," I murmured. "But I can at least do this until someone with the experience can do it better."

Antisepticeye's Point of View:
 I groaned, squeezing my eyes shut. They light... it was too bright, and it hurt my eyes, even through my eyelids. I noticed a sharp pain in my side every time I breathed in. I held back a cough. After a second, I squinted my eyes open, then lifted my left arm, shielding the light from my unfocused gaze. 

"D-Daddy...?"

I glanced over, then grimaced. There was someone next to me. "(Y/N)...?"

She took my hand, and let out a small squeak. She was... crying. 

I blinked away the blurriness of my eyes, then focused on her. "H-hey," I rasped, wincing at how much it hurt to talk. "What's wrong?"

She pressed her forehead to my knuckled, shoulders shaking as she held in those quiet sobs, (E/C) eyes squeezed shut. A man walked in, and I turned to him. I blinked in surprise. He merely stared at me grimly.

"F-Felix? What are you d-doing here?"

He glanced at (Y/N), then back. "She called me. Said you and Jack were hurt, and that you weren't waking up. Honestly, you need rest. Once you are feeling better, and able to get out of bed, you have a bunch on explaining to do."

"What happened...? Passed out?"

He shook his head. "Blood loss, would be my guess. Your side... The skin was peeled back, almost separated from your body. Lucky that it wasn't, or there'd be nothing to stitch back on."

I looked back at (Y/N), still crying, as I suddenly remembered. Virus. I sighed softly, then squeezed her hand tightly. She looked up, biting her lip as it trembled. "I'm okay, (Y/N)... I just got a little hurt, is all."

She sobbed once, then ducked her head back down. "I was so scared, Daddy!"

I smiled softly, then shushed her quietly. "I know. I know, and I'm so sorry that I scared you. But we don't need to worry any more..."

Inside, I died a little. She was still in trouble, with no way out of the country. Virus was going to hurt her, most likely... I cast the thought away, gritting my teeth. I won't let that happen, (Y/N). I promise you that I won't let that happen to you.