Chapter Eight

Jacksepticeye's Point of View:
Sighing, I buckled (Y/N) into my car. She kicked her legs, looking around curiously. Closing the door, I went to the other side, and got in, starting the car. "Is there any specific buildings you can remember near his house?" I asked, buckling up.

She nodded, trying to peer over the dash. "The library."

I nodded slowly, pulling out of the drive way. As we drove down the road, (Y/N) started to hum the first song Anti and I sung for her. Come Little Children... Anti was the one who knew it best, it wasn't really my kind of taste, but I will admit, it was fun to sing. I smiled, listening to her.

She seemed to be more into the creative things, than anything else. Music, drawing, stuff like that. I had given her paper, and a pencil while I went to get ready this morning, and when I came out, she had several drawings around her. One was a giant sun with wavy lines to make it seem bright. Another was what I could only assume was her parents. Some were just flowers, and butterflies, and bees, but one caught my attention.

It was a drawing of Anti and I. We were facing eachother, Anti grinning, and I was frowning at him.

None of her drawings had pictures of her in it...

"(Y/N)?"

"Yeah?"

"Why didn't you draw yourself in any of your pictures?"

She stared at me, face blank. "I... don't know. I just didn't feel like drawing myself? I'm not sure."

"Do you ever draw yourself?" I glanced at her.

She thought for a moment. "Only when I draw with Tim."

I frowned. "Did you spend more time with Tim than your own parents?"

She nodded, kicking her legs. "Yep.

My frown deepened. Her parents were never really there... huh. They are CEOs to a big name phone company, but... that still sucks... what happened?

"Go that way," she said suddenly, pointing to the left.

I jerked the wheel, turning suddenly. A car honked, passing by us quickly. (Y/N) gripped the door handle, eyes wide as I straightened the car.

"Fookin' hell," I breathed. "Don't do that, (Y/N)."

"I'm sorry," she whimpered. "I wasn't paying attention... go that way," she pointed to the left again.

Sighing, I turned onto a small street, trees on either side on me. "Don't be sorry. I should have slowed down once I saw the library."

~~~

We pulled into a driveway, a small, beat up, green car next to us. I got out, coming around to help (Y/N) out. As soon as her little feet touched the ground, she was running to the front door. I closed the door and followed, looking around.

The grass in the front was dieing, scraggly bushes in front of the house, and weeds everywhere. The house was in bad condition, with peeling paint, and a cracked window. It was obvious no one gave any thought to how it looked, or maybe knew, but didn't care.

(Y/N) knocked on the door rapidly, then rang the doorbell twice. I grabbed her hand before she could do it again.

"Be patient, okay? Give them time to open the door," I smiled softly.

She huffed, then bounced up and down impatiently.

The door squeaked as it opened slowly, revealing a tired looking, middle aged woman. She looked at me warily, then gasped as her eyes found (Y/N).