chapter 106

I can't help but admire the way my mum's come around to me being who I am. Talk about character development. The woman who once called me a disgrace to the family now laughs along to the stories I tell about the mischief I cause.

I continue animatedly retelling the story of what I did to Severus after he called Lily that atrocious word. Mum, Dad, Everliah, Benjamin and Sirius are all paying close attention to what I'm saying as we eat breakfast together. "...and Lily was so hurt about what Severus called her that I felt the sudden urge to just walk up to him and smack him silly." I stuff a mouthful of bacon into my mouth.

Benji's eyes light up, clearly interest-piqued. "You smacked him? Where and how many times?"

"Benjamin!" Mum scolds but can't help the smile on her face.

"These are key questions here, Mum!" Everliah agrees.

"In the face and let's just say, enough to get him running." I smirk at the reaction of my crowd. Dad raises his hand and I meet it in a high five, Mum has a hand over her growing smile, Benjamin is staring at me like I'm some celebrity, Everliah couldn't look more proud and Sirius is giving me adoring looks and is holding my hand underneath the table.

After filling up my tummy and keeping my family entertained, I drag Sirius up to my room by the hand. "How much time have we got before you've got to go to work, love?"

"A few hours. Hey, I've got an idea!" I grin up at him.

He smiles down at me. "What's on your mind?"

"How about we go shopping for some new clothes for you?" I suggest, wrapping my arms around his waist. "Mum wants us to go grocery shopping anyways, might as well do both while we're at it."

"That sounds good." Sirius bends down to press a kiss against my cheek and then my nose and finally my lips. I giggle and blush at the attention.

Benja slams open my door and we jump apart immediately. My younger brother eyes us warily before saying, "Mum's made up the list, you'd better get going." He stares at Sirius accusingly a second longer before disappearing out the door once more.

*

After what I'd personally describe as a successful shopping trip, Sirius and I walk back home, dragging bags and bags full of groceries behind us.

"I'm not so sure this was the way to go." Sirius admits though he can't help but laugh at the sheer ridiculousness of our very situation.

"Don't be silly. This is the only way."

"You don't think your mum will be angry?" Sirius asks, obviously confused with my calmness.

"Oh, no. Don't get me wrong." I laugh. "She'll be furious."

When we arrive at the house, I unlock the front door and together, Sirius and I begin dragging the obsurd amount of bags in with us. "We're home!" I call in a sing-song voice.

Mum comes bustling over with a wide smile but when the groceries come into view, her mouth drops open and her eyes widen immensely. I drop the heavy bags to the floor and Sirius mimics my actions. "I-I did not write down this many items, Chiara Holland. I gave you a specific list! Chiara, where is my list?" She asks obviously trying to remain calm but ending up looking mental. This is going better than expected.

"I lost it in the wind only moments after we left." I inform matter-of-factly. She opens her mouth, foreseeably to yell, but before she can get a word in I raise my hands to stop her. "However, mother of mine, before you get angry with a simple girl like I, even though you might already be, we got one of each item at the store! See? So whatever you needed me to purchase is in here somewhere." I motion down to the explosion of groceries.

Mum clenches her fists at her side, rolls her eyes annoyedly and walks away before she can say anything she'd regret.

I turn to Sirius with a bright smile. "That went well." Though Sirius isn't listening, it seems a particular grocery item has caught his attention. He reaches into the bag. "Why would you think your mother would be buying chicken feet?" He waves the package in my face.

"I don't know what Mum eats when I'm not home."

*

"DAD! I'VE GOT TO GET TO ZONKOS JOKE SHOP! I'VE BEEN LATE EVERYDAY THIS WEEK! WHERE IS MY LUNCH?!" I yell, searching frantically around for my lunch bag. "I AM NOT PACKING A NEW ONE! MUM PUT A CHARM ON MY BAG TO FIT MORE!"

Sirius appears around the corner, slides over to me coolly and flashes the bag in front of me. I sigh in relief, "Thank you, Sirius. You beautiful lifesaver, you." I purse my lips waiting for a goodbye kiss and as soon as he gives me what I want, I go back to panic mode after a quick glance at the clock. "Oh Merlin, I've got to go!"

"Okay, okay!" Sirius yells as I begin running to the front door. "I love you!" He calls, eyes widening, only realizing what he's said after he's said it.

"I love you too, bye." I yell back with the same ounce of thought he's got.