Chapter 2

"FOR MERLIN'S SAKE, WAKE UP!" I faintly hear Lily scream.

It isn't the sound of Lily's voice that succeeds in getting me up though. It's only when she smashes her pillow on my head that I shoot up with wide, droopy eyes.

"I'm sorry I hit you, but it was all I could think to get you up." The green eyed girl says guiltily.

"No worries." I offer her a sleepy smile. "It's tough to wake me up sometimes. I would've recommended pushing me off the bed, but hitting me with a pillow works."

I throw my blanket off my body and get up from my bed, yawning. "Right. Shall we go to breakfast?"

Lily eyes me warily. "Tell me you're not going like that."

She is obviously referring to my colourful pyjama set and birds nest of hair. "Wish I could, but I am." I grin.

"This should be good." Marlene snickers.

It takes a bit of wandering to find it again, but we eventually arrive outside the Great Hall. All four of my dorm mates hesitate in front of the open double doors. I simply continue smiling to reassure them that this is, in fact, happening.

I walk in first and all heads eventually turn to me.

"Hello," I wave at the gawking students. "Good morning to you." I point finger guns at someone.

I sit down with the rest of the girls until I notice the kind boy I'd met the day prior, Remus Lupin, sitting by himself a little ways down the table.

I scoot down the bench to be beside him and he looks up from his book. A grin slips onto his face at the sight of me. "Good morning." His eyes trail down my body. "I'm pretty sure that isn't the uniform."

I smile and playfully bump my shoulder against his. "But it's a lot more comfortable. Do you think anyone would mind if I wore this to classes? I'm not so keen on the robes. They fit me funny."

The scarred boy doesn't get the chance to answer as James Potter plops down on the other side of me. "No, I don't reckon anyone would even notice really."

"Really?" I ask hopefully.

"NO!"

The Great Hall grows silent from Remus's little outburst, and the students of all ages turn in their seats to get a look at us three. Nosy sods. Remus's cheeks have gone rosy and he is slowly sinking lower in his seat.

"I mean..." He starts softer once chatter fills the room again. "You can't wear your pyjamas, you'll get into trouble. James is just messing with you."

He then retreats back into the safety of his novel.

I playfully punch James on his lanky arm. "Trying to get me in trouble, are you?"

"You trick me, I trick you, Holland." He smirks.

"Fair enough." I nod, impressed.

James's mate, Sirius, eventually joins us at the Gryffindor table. The moment Sirius lays his grey eyes on me, they gleam in amusement at my ensemble.

Remus lowers his book to his lap and taps me on the shoulder. "Would you like me to walk you back to the common room so you can change?"

"How nice! Yes, thank you."

We make to exit the hall together when Remus spares a look at Professor McGonagall. "That's our Head of House. I think she's handing out our timetables. Shouldn't we go get them?"

"Oh yes, we'll be needing those, won't we?" I give him a playful shove forward and together we walk in the direction of the woman. "Good morning, may we have our timetables?"

McGonagall eyes me up and down distastefully. "Names?"

My mouth falls open. Names? I am more than slightly offended that she doesn't remember me after my scene during the Sorting ceremony.

"Remus Lupin and Chiara Holland." Remus speaks for us politely, seeing as I've momentarily malfunctioned.

She picks out two pieces of parchment from the stack in her arms, and hands one to each of us. Remus thanks her while I excitedly look over my schedule.

"My sister told me our schedules will be identical until we get to choose our elective courses. So we'll be together for every class, Remy!" I explain happily.

The boy glances up at me, smiling at my new nickname for him.

I pull out a bar of chocolate and nibble at it as we continue on our way. Remus just eyes me curiously as I do until his stomach rumbles. He blushes at the unexpectedly loud noise.

I pull out another chocolate bar from my pyjama pocket and shove it towards him as if silently asking if he wants any. "Chocolate heals the soul." I tell him.

"Who said that?" He asks, accepting the treat from me.

"Me," I laugh. "I really do think it's true though. You'll never find me without at least one of these bars on my person. Chocolate fixes all...at least it does for me. I dunno, you probably think I'm deranged."

"No, I don't think that. I know what you mean. It helps." He smiles.