Chapter 93

Colourful leaves are falling onto the grounds and I'm stuck indoors. Anyone who knows me, knows Autumn is my favourite season of all time. It's sweater weather.

"... and that's where you find this constellation-" Carter explains, pointing to a bunch of dots connected together with ink markings on a piece of parchment.

"I'm going outside." I announce proudly.

"We're studying." Carter states.

"No. You're studying, I'm not listening. There's no point in me being here if you are just going to keep on blabbering and I'm just not listening. You aren't interesting." I shrug my shoulders nonchalantly.

He slams his textbook shut. "Are you sure you want to quit?" He asks calmly.

"Completely. I never wanted tutoring. I didn't even ask for it in the first place." I think back to when Lily forced me into this.

"Fine. But, if you ever need help, you can always come to me."

"Uh huh, sure. I'm in a 'thanks but no thanks situation, mate."

"Right. Have fun outside."

***

I sit down alone in the Great Hall, the only sound being the faint noise of a lean boy flipping the page of his book.

"Ughhhhh!" I groan aloud.

The young boy quickly gets up at the sound of my groaning and rushes out the door.

"I drove you away." I muse, "... didn't I come up with a hobby? Wasn't it like- golf or something—" A random girl sits beside me while I'm talking to myself and speaks to me.

"Hello, are you talking to yourself?" The girl asks.

"Yes I am. Now go away, please, all these seats are taken by my invisible friends." I inform the blonde-haired child.

"Uh? All of them?" I guess she figures anything is possible at Hogwarts.

"Yes. Every single one of these chairs and you just squished one of them."

"I'm really sorry." She seems horrified.

I keep a straight face for a few seconds just staring at her, before bursting into a fit of giggles. "Just kidding." I laugh a bit more, and continue talking. "No, but really, don't sit anywhere, I'm talking to myself."

***

"Okay, so we're going to start the animagus process tomorrow, right?" I ask to clarify.

"Yes, but ... why are we still hiding this from Remus?" Peter says bluntly.

I roll my eyes. "Gosh, Pete. It's a surprise for him. Don't you listen to anything I say?"

"I- Is that a trick question?" He narrows his eyes in confusion.

"Does anyone listen, I mean, you talk a lot and most of the time we all just nod and pretend we're listening." James says. "Right?"

"That's not true. I kind of listen." Sirius shrugs.

"Thanks guys. So much, so mean." I grumble. "Except Sirius."

"I bet you can't last a day without talking." James continues.

"Bet taken to heart. I'll be able to do it, you'll see." I don't think about how hard it'll be until the morning .....

AN: I am so sorry I haven't been updating lately, but I hope you enjoyed this chapter, more coming soon. :)