c u a r e n t a i n u e v e

Start from the beginning

I can't believe he did this again. Stopped us again. "Yeah yeah." Pivoting on my heels, I grab another ornament and hang it on one of the branches.

"Are you... mad?" Jungkook looks genuinely confused but I won't tell him now, I'm not going to fight with him on Christmas Eve with Hoseok and Taehyung in the kitchen. Especially because this is Hobi's house and we would be surrounded by parents if we tried to do this diner at any other house.

"No. Let's just do the lights." Silence takes over, the job of decorating the tree suddenly became more important than having a conversation with him.

"The food will be ready soon!" Hoseok yells, Taehyung giggling in the background.

"Great!" My stomach growls at the mere mention of food. "We're done here too!" Jungkook bites his lip, debating whether or not he should leave based on the amount of footwork he's exhibiting.

"Jimin."

"Hm?" I hum in response, walking to the door to put the decoration outside. The wind blows without mercy, shaking my entire body as soon as I open the door. "Shit." Quickly, I hammer in a nail on the front, hanging the reath. (Idk how that's spelled lmao)

Jungkook pulls me inside, closing the distance for a tight hug. "I don't want you to be mad at me, not today on Christmas Eve! I have a surprise for you and I want you to enjoy it. Please?" My smile peaks through, my cheeks squish against his.

"Of course Kookie, I'm not mad. I promise." I try to show the brightest smile I could, forcing even my teeth to show. "I can't wait for your surprise~" At that, his shoulders droop in relief, smile now widening on his face.

"Thank god! Alright, let's set the table." His hand slips in mine, dragging me to the dining room. We set the Christmas mantles for each person, the silverware in the same arrangement for each placement.

"Let's eat!" Hoseok yells as him and Taehyung bring the assorted goods.

Btw, all these gifts are wack. My creativity stops here.

"Open mine first Hobi!" I hand him my gift, the sparkly silver wrapper shining in the dim lighting. He chuckles, grabbing my gift. His fingers play with the ribbon, undoing the bow. His eyes widden when he finally sees what's inside.

"You got me a friendship bracelet?!" He pulls it out of the wrapping, tying it around his wrist. "I love it Jimin!" He stands up, dancing and flashing it around as if it were gold.

"I'm glad you like it Hyung." Another giggle escapes my lips, my hand reaching up to cover my mouth.

"My turn!" Hoseok gives me his gift and excitedly, I tear it open.

"You got me the fucking leggings?!" I screamed.

"What leggings?" Jungkook questions.

"Hobi and I were in the mall one day and we stopped by this sports store where we saw these leggings! They have the perfect elasticity and durability that I need for dancing!" The soft material tickled my fingertips, a bright smile on my lips as I hug the gift tight. Wasting no more time, I stand up giving Hoseok the tightest hug I could manage. "Thank you so much! But this is so expensive! You didn't need-"