I started to feel weird as I ran, like I was running quicker than everything around me.  It felt like time was slowing down everywhere else except for me, and I was running faster and faster. I was flying over the ground, effortlessly clearing the pit on one leap, zipping around trees like it was nothing.  I got so carried away, I nearly missed the spring. 

Skidding to a stop, I tripped and fell on my face in the grass at the edge of the spring with a loud SPLAT. I stood up cautiously, trying to get my bearings. The spring was right behind me.  I had overshot it, but I had gotten here. Walking towards it, I pulled out the bucket and bent down, filling it to the brim with clean, fresh water.  As I pulled away, ready to zip back to the house, I accidentally slipped on the grass.

Looking down, I suddenly noticed the dark stain on the foliage around the spring. It was hard to see, but now that I wasn't so rushed, I could smell a strong metallic odor in the air. As I looked around, I could see that it was everywhere. Slowly backing away, I wondered what sort of terrible thing must have happened here to create so much blood...

Nick's POV

    The pain was awful. I could barely see straight. My side burned. But even with my messed up senses, I could still hear the girl moving around downstairs.  I think she was trying to say Ashlie just Ash when she said her name, but it was very hard to hear.  Ashlie, or whatever her name was, crashed down the stairs, making them creak loudly, and I think she hissed in pain at one point. Listening acutely, I heard her thump up against something, and then silence for a little bit. Then I heard a raspy groan of annoyance.

More silence.

Then there was a strange burst of light coming from downstairs.  I gasped and tried to stand up, looking out the window. Peeking over the sill, I saw a literal bolt of lightning shoot out of the house, into the woods.

Was that... The girl? I wondered. If it was, then I'm guessing that we had a little more than a side wound to worry about. Did we have powers? Like, legit superpowers? I didn't know.

Then the pain took over again, and I sunk back down against the wall. I patiently waited for her to get back. I hoped that she would.  I couldn't even imagine what she had left to go get, but I hoped that it was helpful.

As I waited, I started thinking about random things.  The girl's voice was going to be a problem, seeing as if she wasn't going to be able to communicate. Other than that, she looked fine, as she was not coughing anymore.  Then it came back to the question of her eyes. When she had first come over to me, I was not able to stop looking into her eyes. It was shockingly weird, seeing as her pupils were literally just a line through the center. And they moved just like normal irises would, going up and down and left to right with where she looked.

My mind started to slip away as I thought.  The pain was becoming unbearable. I sunk down the wall, unable to sit up.

I flashed in and out of consciousness as I waited.  Blood seeped through my shirt, staining the fabric. I hoped with all my heart that the girl would get back soon. I wasn't sure how long I was going to last...

Small time skip!!

I woke from my fitful sleep to hear a loud "THUD" coming from downstairs. Then a grunt of pain and annoyance. Before I knew it, a flash of light zipped up the stairs and hit the wall. The girl recoiled, blinking madly, clutching her head as she bounced off, falling on her butt.

I snorted in amusement.  She looked at me, an annoyed look in her strange eyes.  She mumbled something, raspy and garbled, but if I had to guess, I think she might have said "shut up," which made me laugh harder.

Then my side started throbbing again, and I grimaced. The girl became serious, pulling out a bucket filled to the brim with clean water.  I had no clue how she'd gotten here without spilling any, but I wasn't about to question it.

She tore a chunk of fabric off the bed covers, and dipped it into the water.  Reaching over, she looked at me, silently asking again. Staring into her beautiful eyes, I nodded.

She carefully placed the rag on my wound.  I hissed in shock at the feel of the cold water, but Ashlie kept it firmly secured to me.  She let the water soak into the wound, letting it clear out as much as it could, and then she started wiping the blood and remaining soot away. With most of the gore gone, I saw that the actual wound was a jagged hole in my side, leaking blood and mucus, even now.

Ashlie hissed in pity and held the rag in place, occasionally re-soaking it and wiping away any new liquids that came out. After a while, the pain was numbed to a dull throbbing, and the bleeding had all but stopped.

Sighing in relief, the girl rolled back onto her heels, the bloodied rag falling out of her hand. I sat up, gingerly moving upward, using the wall against my back for balance. Ashlie grabbed my arm and put it around her shoulder to help me. The feel of her warm skin on mine made me relax, and I stood up. She helped me hobble over to the bed, where she made me jump up and lay down.

"Wait," I said when she started to walk back over to the floor on the side of the bed.  "Here, take this." I rolled over, onto the pillows, and yanked the blanket off the bed. "You need it more than I do."

She looked at me quizzically, like she hadn't expected me to be so nice. She took the blanket in her arms and then nodded at me.  She then tried to clear her throat again, earning a hacking, raspy cough. Placing one hand on her neck, Ashlie opened her mouth again, trying to speak.

"Th-nk-k y-you," she rasped, gasping air in. I blinked at her and smiled. 

"You're welcome."

Special thanks to AJTheCHAiNsaw for telling me to do this one first, cause NOBODY ELSE TOLD ME WHAT TO DO! Who would you like to see next? Tommy and Uni or Dawn and Cory? Please answer this time... Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Have a sweet tweet day!