twenty one // the doppleganger and her history teacher

~ Where do we go from here - Ruelle ~

Hey everyone!

It's been a while I know. But I'm back and I'm ready to make up for lost time.

I broke this episode(3x21) into different parts. Small parts. So for the next few days I'll be updating little chapters, hopefully enough to satisfy you guys for a while.

Love you all !!

Xx Charliiiiiiiii

~~~~~~~

"I'm sorry you didn't get to go to the dance" I sympathize, causing Rebekah's head to turn. "I know how much you wanted to go."

I pick up a plastic bag, beginning to collect all the garbage the teenagers left behind across the room.

I know how much she wants to be a regular girl who goes to school and school dances, Esther deprived her of that. The least I can do is help clean up.

"I've gotten used to not getting things I want" she replies, turning back to the table she's clearing.

It's just so unfortunate her mother was a psychopath who wanted her dead.

"Where's Matt?" Caroline asks, walking into the room.

"He bailed. He got called into work at the last minute. " Rebekah answers, sounding uninterested.

"Are you kidding me?" Caroline sighs. "So it's just us?"

"Yes, and you're late. Clean-up committee started at 8:00."

I snicker to myself.

She's such a bitch when she wants to be.

"It's like 8:02." The thought of laughing crosses my mind as Caroline looks down at the time on her phone.

"Exactly. I managed to turn up on time and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organized."

The thought of her lying in a box while everyone enjoyed a night out with friends, honestly hurts me.

Rebekah walks past her, emptying her rubbish into a large bin in the middle of the room.

"I'm sorry about your mom." Caroline says suddenly. "I mean, I know you like, hated her and everything, but still. I'm sorry."

A small smile formed on my lips.

I hated Esther, that was no secret. So did basically everyone else. But the simple act of saying sorry after a family members death warmed my heart. Such a simple act but so meaningful and heartfelt.

Thankfully Rebekah didn't reply with a snarky comment.

"Sorry about your teacher. He seemed like a nice guy."

It was nice seeing her so genuine and sincere.

"Yeah. He was."

I may not have known Alaric personally but I knew enough. He didn't deserve to die. Not at the hands of Esther.

"I'm going to get started on the gym." Rebekah announces and I'm not sure whether I should follow her or stay here. I always seem to have that problem.

I wait a few moments, finally realising I couldn't bear the silence that wafted over Caroline and I, and decided to follow after her.

You would assume smooth sailing.