fourteen // monsters under your bed

Hello my loves, I'm sorry it's been a while !! I really wanted to update tonight and didn't have time to edit but hopefully there aren't too many mistakes. If so, please tell me and I'll make sure to fix them :)

Hope you enjoy, love you all

xx Charliiiiiiii

~~~

I rolled over in the sheets, flipping my body onto the other side. I cuddled further into the covers, resting my head on the edge of my pillow. I knew I was waking up, but tried desperately to continue my sleep.

It's the first time I've slept, really slept, since waking up. I never wanted it to end.

I don't know why, but maybe it has something to do with my sudden magical outburst, but I feel safer. I probably shouldn't, considering the love of my life is off doing god knows what. But I didn't question it, I needed the sleep.

My eyes fluttered open, without intention, and I'm surprised to see it's still dark outside. But even more surprised to see Niklaus lying right in front of me, watching me.

Most girls would be screaming, but this was once a normal thing. He used to climb into bed with me all the time, back when we were, well, normal.

He lied there, unfazed by my waking up, lying above the covers. That's when I realised, I felt safer sleeping because he was here, it had nothing to do with magic, it was just him.

"I didn't mean to wake you, I know how long it's been" he says softly, his voice deeper than usual.

I didn't want to hear any small talk. I need to know why he left and where he's been. I needed him these past few days and he left.

"Finally realised I need you more now than ever?" I can't help the harshness in my tone. I'm hurt. I wish he hadn't left me right when I discovered my powers. Especially after I hurt him like I did, I could barely live with myself.

"I needed to take care of some things" he replies, never taring his eyes from mine. I hated that I couldn't stay mad at him, the way he looks at me always has me trembling.

I almost scoffed. I may not be able to stay mad at him, but that is singlehandedly the worst excuse ever.

"Some things that are obviously too important to take a single minute to call."

I roll over, not wanting to look at his gorgeous face, his beautiful eyes or those perfect lips that make my knees go weak.

I feel him moving behind me and try desperately not to react to his sudden closeness. I shudder as his lips press against my bare shoulder, his hot breath against my skin.

"I'm sorry love" his lips begin to move up my collarbone and I can't help my body from shuddering. My heart starts to pound in my chest. I was slowly falling to pieces. Damn him.

I feel his large hand against my hip under the covers and jump slightly. His hand soothingly caresses my hip until it starts to move up against my stomach. Goosebumps appear on my skin as his hand slides under the material covering my stomach, slowly moving it against my skin.

His touch is overwhelming.

His lips left open mouthed kisses on my neck, moving towards my ear, and my breath starts to go rapid.

"I need you to trust me" he whispers lowly, his hot breath sending shivers down my spine. I begin to feel all kinds of want and need, and so badly want to resist his power over me. I can barely breathe, let alone ignore his charms.