sixteen // thin air

So... I didn't get my 100 votes. I was going to wait and wait, but thought what's the point ? If I want to update, I'll update.

This is a small update, I'm working on the next chapter as we speak. So enjoyyyyyy

xx Charliiiiiiiii

~~~~~

"What do you mean you're at school? What the hell am I supposed to do?!" I yelled into my phone. I woke up this morning to the house completely empty, only to find out Rebekah is at school and Niklaus is off trying to get the last white oak stake from some man named Alaric. Apparently Niklaus didn't want me going with him because it could get 'ugly' and left Rebekah in my care, however she didn't stick to what she was old. Leaving me all alone.

"Look I'm sorry, okay. Caroline was getting on my last nerve and this was the only way I knew to get under her skin."

I walked into the kitchen, leaning the phone between my ear and my shoulder. I grabbed a glass and began to pour water into it, listening to Rebekah's excuses.

"Organising a school dance is getting under her skin, jesus, what does this girl do for fun?" I mumbled, more to myself than to Rebekah.

"I've also got my eyes on Matt for the time being" I felt her smile and couldn't help feel happy for her. She needs some normal in her life, and a crush is a perfect start.

"Okay, then I guess you're forgiven."

"I'll be home soon, I promise."

I made my way out of the kitchen and into the living room, only for my glass to fall from my hand and smash against the timber floor. I stood in shock at what I was seeing.

"Faith?" I heard Rebekah's voice as I tried to form words.

"Rebekah. Come home now." I told her seriously, in complete monotone, hanging up.

My eyes travelled up and down, trying to make sense of what was in front of me. Or should I say, who was in front of me.

"Faith, nice to see you again."

Her voice made me snap out of my trance, and instantly I was full of rage. My hand rose on its own, clenching the air in front of me. As I did this small action, Esther was lifted off the ground and slammed against the nearest wall, gasping for breath, as if my hand was really around her neck.

"You have some nerve. Showing up here after everything you've done to this family. After everything you've done to me."

She clawed at her neck, trying to find release.

I put my hand down and Esther fell to the floor, gasping loudly, catching her breath.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now."

She slowly made her way up from the ground as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Because I'm dying."

I scoffed. "Is that supposed to make me feel sorry for you?"

"No. But you should be worried."

"Worried? About you? You're insane."

"About you, actually."

My arms fell from my chest. Suddenly with three simple words, I'm back to my scared self. My tough girl act didn't last long. It didn't last long at all.

"What are you talking about?" I ask softly.

"When I linked myself to you a century ago, it didn't just end when you woke up, and it didn't end when you turned into a werewolf."

My heart was racing. My head was pounding. My blood was boiling. In that moment of realisation, I felt as though my world was falling apart right before my eyes.

"You mean-" I cut myself off, swallowing. "You mean we're still-"

"We're linked Faith. If I die, you die too."