Chapter 41: Republic Records

Start bij het begin

"Oh, where are we going?" She asked excitedly.

"It's a surprise. No go get dressed; casually formal." I kissed her one more time before she hopped off the couch and ran upstairs.

"So where are you going?" Mateo asked me once we heard Danielle shut a door upstairs.

"Not important. But what is important is that you two do me a big favor." I scooted closer to the cuddling couple and handed Sky the piece of paper I'd sketches on. "Make sure this gets made before we go back home tomorrow."

"Jaden, is this--"

"Sshhh!!" I interrupted Sky. "Don't tell anyone. Just make sure it gets done."

"Where?"

"I don't know... Jared?" As I finished my sentence I heard Danielle taking her first steps downstairs, and I quickly snatched the paper from Sky and stuffed it between the couch cushions. "Danielle can't find out about this." I whispered.

"I'm ready." Dani stood at the foot of the stairs in a beautiful black dress and black shoes, with her curly hair flowing a few inches past her shoulders. It amazes me how beautiful she looks, and how she still takes my breathe away, even after so long.

"You look beautiful." I stood and walked to her, wrapping my arms firmly around her waist as she wrapped hers around my neck.

"Thanks Jaden, I figured if we'd look better if we were matching. Now let's go!" She took my hand and pulled me towards the door.

"Wait, I have to get my keys." I said as an excuse-- they were already in my pocket. "I'll meet you in the car."

"Okay." She walked out of the door, and I walked back into the living room where Teo and Sky were still on the couch.

"I need that made by tomorrow, it's super important."

"We got you bro." Mateo assured me. "You can count on us."

"Yeah," Sky agreed. "And Danielle is going to love it."

"I hope so... See you guys later." They told me goodbye, and I made my way back towards the door and outside where Dani was waiting for me in the car. "You're going to be so surprised." I said as I entered the car and began driving out of the driveway and on the road.

"I hope I like it." She said excitedly. She hadn't stopped smiling since she went upstairs to change from her pajamas into her dress, which tells me she's already having a fun.

"You'll love it." I assured her "But it'll probably take awhile to get there so you might want to take a nap." She took the hand that wasn't steering the wheel, and entwined our fingers together.

"Okay, I love you." She spoke softly, closing her eyes and settling into a comfortable position in the seat.

"I love you too, beautiful." I brought her hand to my mouth and gently kissed the top, making her smile sweetly before drifting off to sleep.

~*~

Danielle's POV

When I woke up from my short nap, we were parked in a parking lot, surrounded by expensive cars.

"Jaden, where are we?" I asked sleepily wiping my eyes.

"Minetta Tavern." He said simply, not looking up from his phone.

"What? Why? This is like a four star restaurant."

"We have a business meeting, it's a signing." He said in the same tone, putting his phone in his pocket. "Come on." He opened his door and stepped out of the car, coming around to my side to open my door.