▫12▫

12

        Brooke was growing tired of waking up to the same shit everyday it had been two weeks and she was hoping that the hospital would let her go home today.

She was reading through Jet Magazine when she received a knock at the door.

"Come in" she said hoping it was Alisha she was in desperate need of someone to talk to.

"What's good ma?" The familiar voice said.

"Black!" she practically squealed, her green eyes glowed with happiness. She had missed him so much and so badly wanted to jump out of her bed and hug him.

"Are those for me?" she asked referring to the red roses he carried in his hands.

"Yeah, I came here as soon as I heard" he said placing the flowers on the table and pulling a chair next to her bed.

She gently rubbed the side of his face and played with his goatee before speaking.

"I missed you so much, I was worried about you"

"I missed you too ma" he said taking her hand and kissing it-- "But seems like I should've been the one worried about you, what happened?"

"I don't remember anything that happened all I remember is that Alisha and I went to the club next thing I know we're hearing gun shots, Everything went pitch black in the club then I finally made my way out. The only thing I remember after that is a gun being pointed to the back of my head" she said as a tear traced her cheek.

"Don't cry ma, imma find out who did this shit and imma dead that nigga" Black said as he felt himself getting heated but tried to keep his composure for Brooke.

"You don't have to do that Black, I'm just glad to see you again" she smiled at him and he returned her one of his own before kissing the top of her forehead.

"Hello Brooke" Dr. Mitchell's said as he walked in.

"I ran a few test while you were sleeping and you should be good to go"

"Finally" Brooke said as she flipped the covers off of her body.

"I'll let the others know" Mr.Mitchells said before leaving.

"You tryna come spend the day with your boy? I promise to keep you out of harms way" he gave her an assuring smile.

"Okay" she said.

Before leaving they wrapped a cast around Brooke's arm then she was good to go.

Black escorted her to his new Red dodge charger and opened the car door for her before getting in himself.

Once he got in he pulled off the hospital parking lot.

"So where you've been" Brooke asked her curiosity had been killing her.

"Laying low, I was gone get back to you once shit was good again"

"Yeah okay"

"Where you tryna' go eat at?"

"Denny's sound good right about now"

"I hope you got some Denny's money or you gone be washing dishes" he said looking at her giving her a big smile.

Brooke hit him with her right hand in the chest.

"Ahh shit!" he yelled as he held his chest.

"Your such an asshole"

"You know I love to play with you ma" he said grabbing her hand.

Minutes later Black was pulling into Denny's parking lot they found a table in the far left corner of the restaurant.

"What you want?"

"I don't know I got the taste for some pancakes though"

"Yo' fat ass"

"Damn right I been eating that nasty ass hospital food for two weeks"

"Tell me about this nigga anyway"

"I told you I don't remember-"

"Wait!" Black cut her off as the TV screen above them caught his attention.

"Whats wrong?"

"Brooke what the hell?" he said as he looked at her with confusion.

Brooke turned to her left and looked at the screen, the video of her being held at gun point was all over the news.

"Oh my god!" Brooke said as tears welled in her eyes she threw her hands up and covered her mouth as she sat there in shock.

Then the whole night hit her all at once she remembered everything.

Brooke stormed out of the restaurant with all eyes on her.

"Man turn that shit off!" Black yelled before he ran off after Brooke.

"Brooke!" he said catching up with her.

"I remember everything now" she said as she turned around and cried on his chest, soaking his white t-shirt.

"Brooke I swear imma kill those niggas that shit is just fucked up" he said as he held her in his arms.

"Just tell me everything you know and I'll find them"

Brooke and Alisha sat in Blacks apartment as they watched the news the video had went worldwide and Brooke could feel her whole world caving in.

Black had had enough and turned off the television.

"Brooke you gotta tell me something"

"I told you, they all were masked all I remember are their eyes and their voices"

"This could be anybody Brooke, shit gone be harder than I thought"

"I know, it's useless"

"Nah ma, I'm gone find these niggas"
he said rubbing her thigh.

"Aye Black!" Z yelled as he allowed himself in the apartment.

"Nigga you don't know how to knock?"

"Oh my bad, wassup" Z said to Brooke and Alisha.

"Hey" they both said.

"You got any leads nigga?" Black asked.

"Yeah, yeah but first I gotta ask shorty a couple of questions, You know this bitch ass nigga?" Z asked as he held up a picture of Michael.

"Yeah I met him through an old friend"

"Word is nigga got paid to take you out"

"Wait hold the fuck up so you saying somebody was trying to kill me?"

"I'm afraid so"

"I don't understand Brooke is the sweetest girl in the world" Alisha said trying to make sense of the situation.

"People will put a hit on anybody these days"

"So what should we do?"

"We need to go find Michael and if he has that videotape then he can lead us to whoever but the fucking hit out on Brooke" Black said as he stood up.

"What if it isn't him?"

"Now that I think about it Michaels truck was at the club that night when I made it out the exit"

"Look I'm convinced enough I'm going to find this nigga, neither one of you leave this house, Let's go Z" Black said as he headed out the door.