Chapter 14

"Are you okay, InuYasha?" Kagome whispered as he stared at the bowl of food, looking uninterested and sad.

"Are you?" He asked.

"I'm f-fine," Kagome replied, wincing slightly because of the pain.

InuYasha inhaled deeply, and Kagome watched as his chest rose and fell with a groan escaping his mouth.

"You're wounded because of me," he said with a sadness to his tone.

"No, it's not your fault, stop blaming yourself please."

"I could've arrived earlier before the demon wounded you, but I didn't. I was too late."

"No, you weren't. If it weren't for you I'd be dead."

InuYasha let out a sigh and for the first time in a while, looked Kagome right in the eyes. "You know, when I held you in my arms on the day before yesterday, when you told me you love me, when you lost consciousness, I thought you were d-," he mumbled, unable to finish his sentence. "I remembered the time when you were poisoned by Mukotsu, one of the band of seven, I thought the same thing then. I didn't want to lose you. Then questions came into my mind, How could I live with myself if I'd let something happen to you? How can I go on with my life? But all thanks to Myōga, you lived. I owe Myōga my life for saving yours."

"You have to stop blaming yourself for everything that happens to me, InuYasha. You know you can't save everyone," Kagome replied, leaning her head to the side and unto InuYasha's shoulder.

"I thought about leaving you then. I thought it would be safer for you if I kept distance. I figured that if I go off on my own, the demons would stop coming after and try to hurt you. But I couldn't bring myself to do it, I couldn't stay away from you. I knew I loved you, but I wasn't good at expressing it, all those times I've kept it to myself."

"I'm glad you couldn't stay away, if you did we wouldn't be here together for the rest of our lives."

"I'm sorry, Kagome," InuYasha muttered.

"Sorry for what?" Kagome replied.

"I'm sorry for always leading you into trouble, I'm sorry that you get hurt, and I'm sorry I wasn't always there for you."

Kagome got the bowl of food from InuYasha's hands and put it away. She crawled on his lap, her arms around and behind his head. "You were always there for me. You saved my life more times than I could count. I owe you my life."

Kagome leaned in for a long and passionate kiss, his hands moved to her waist, still cautious about her wounds. He missed this, the feeling of her against his body, her arms around his neck and her lips against his, on sync. After what seemed like eternity, they both pulled away, but their foreheads still against each other's.

"You seemed awfully honest a moment ago." Kagome whispered.

"Well, it is not wrong for a man to express his love for his wife," InuYasha replied and smiled as Kagome pulled him back for another passionate kiss.

🌹🌹🌹

After 11 years...

"Congratulations, it's a healthy baby boy," Kaede - now 74 years old - announced as she rinsed off the baby with water.

"Shouldn't the father be here to see his son?" Kagome asked and as if right on cue, InuYasha entered followed by his brother.

"So how was it?" InuYasha asked.

"The baby is a boy," Kagome replied, standing up and standing beside InuYasha, his arm looped around her waist.

"He looks a lot like InuYasha," Kaede announced. Sesshomaru's eyes grew wide open and walked up to see the baby boy. He had silver white hair, gold colored eyes and similar to InuYasha's...

... dog-like ears.

Aside from all this, there was a half crescent moon mark on the baby's forehead.

After Kaede rinsed the baby off, she handed him down to his father.

Sesshomaru held the baby boy, gently in his arms as he moved beside Rin who was still lying on the futon, exhaustion clear on her features.

"How is he?" Rin asked as Sesshomaru looked down at his half-demon son.

"He's perfect," He replied, a hint of a smile on the corner of his lips. He gently handed the baby boy to Rin, and she smiled. "He shall be named Tomoe."

"Tomoe," Rin mumbled and thought about it. "I like it."

"We'll give you two some privacy," Kagome announced, Kaede, InuYasha and her exited the hut.

"Where have you both been with Sesshomaru?" Kagome asked as they sat on a log, watching Kuniome - now 13 years old - trying to catch some butterflies with Shippo.

"You won't believe it, but he asked me for some advice about being a father."

"Well, he has little experience about it, I can't blame him. And you weren't that experienced either when we had Kuniome."

"Yeah, yeah," InuYasha chuckled.

"It shocked me a lot though. Sesshomaru used to hate humans and half demons. And now he's married to a human, and has a half demon for a son, and he doesn't seem bothered about any of it.

"Like father, like son, I guess," InuYasha replied.

"That is so true," Kagome replied. "Look at you, falling for a plain human like me."

"Hey, that's an insult," InuYasha mumbled. "There is nothing plain about you. You are extraordinary."

"Yeah right," Kagome said sarcastically. One moment she was sitting beside InuYasha, the next she was on his lap facing him. He had pulled her up and on him. He pulled her face and crashed his lips on hers. Shocked, Kagome took a moment to analyze what had happened.

"Believe me, you're the opposite of ordinary." InuYasha told her and pulled her back into the kiss. For a moment there they thought they were on their own world where they were the only ones there.

"Hey, you two," Miroku interrupted, seated beside him was Sango, her face flushed. "Get in your hut."

InuYasha and Kagome chuckled and she sat back on the log beside him. They were happier than they'd ever been. No more demons coming after them, no more problems that needed solving.

All that's left to do now, is to spend the rest of their lives happily with their family.

...The End...

Don't Forget to Vote..
Follow me perhaps..

A/N
So hey, this is the last chapter. I hate to end it but everything needs to come to an end.
Thank you for taking the time to read this story, I truly appreciate it.

P.S
To all you Kamisama Hajimemashita fans reading this story, I know you didn't miss that reference  ;)