Chapter 11

"Did she escape?" Miroku asked.

"No, she's gone," InuYasha spoke just as a loud rumbling sound echoed. The ground shook beneath them.

"We have to move," Sesshomaru spoke. "The lair is falling apart without Yakunan's power holding it up."

"Right," Kagome mumbled. They all ran towards the door, InuYasha, Kagome and Kuniome falling behind due to InuYasha's injury. They ran passed the halls and out the lair's entrance to find the rest of the wolves already outside waiting for them.

But before InuYasha, Kagome and Kuniome could get out, there was a huge boulder falling from above the entrance, if InuYasha, Kagome and Kuniome don't hurry it up, they would be trapped inside the lair.

They ran as fast as they could, InuYasha wincing in pain with every step. He knew they would never make it out in this pace.

"Come on," Sango urged for them to rush, but it couldn't be helped, what with InuYasha's injuries holding him down.

The boulder was falling down fast, InuYasha called out all his remaining strength and picked up Kagome and Kuniome from the ground and ran as fast as he was able. He knew they weren't gonna make it but he had to try at least. He was almost at the entrance and the boulder was halfway down the ground. He swallowed his pain and threw Kagome and Kuniome out of the entrance before the boulder could cover the way out. InuYasha managed to get them out of the lair, but it was too late for him.

"InuYasha, no!" Kagome yelled when she was out and into safety, the entrance was now covered by the huge boulder and the whole mountain started to collapse and fall apart, with InuYasha still inside.

Sesshomaru picked up Kagome and Kuniome and got them on to his flying cloud and they took to the sky, watching as the mountain crumbled into piles of rubble. The wolves managed to run away from the falling debris and Sango and Miroku rode on Kirara.

"We have to go back there," Kagome pleaded. "We have to save InuYasha."

"We can't do that now," Sesshomaru told her. "The mountain is falling apart and we might get crushed by falling boulders."

"But InuYasha is in there," Kagome urged, Kuniome hugging her waist.

"I know," Sesshomaru spoke. "But we can't risk both you and your daughter's life to search for him right now. We'll wait until the crumbling ceases."

☁☁☁

"He's not here," one of the wolves yelled. They have been searching the rubble for half an hour with no sign of where InuYasha could be. All they know is that he might still be under the boulders, trapped and waiting to be saved. Worst case scenario, he might be dead.

"He's not here either," Miroku added. Kagome was on top of the piles of rubble, searching harder than the rest of them. Kuniome sat aside with Sesshomaru who was keeping her out of harm's way.

"Uncle Sesshomaru," Kuniome spoke.

"Hmm?" was Sesshomaru's response.

"Will daddy be okay?" She asked.

"He will," Sesshomaru spoke. "Your father is a strong demon."

"He will stay alive for us right?"

"You know, Kuniome," Sesshomaru started. "We are living in a world full of dangers. There will always come a time when you have sacrifices to make. Sacrifices to save the ones that you love. Your father just did what he had to do to save those he loves, even if it led to his own death."

"But he isn't gone, is he, Uncle Sesshomaru?"

"We'll never know until we find him," Sesshomaru answered truthfully, the sooner Kuniome knows the better. "Although, if it were me in his situation, I would have done the same thing."

"You're talking about Rin, aren't you, Uncle?"

Sesshomaru's eyes widened in shock, Kuniome knew more than what he had anticipated.

"Rin is a good friend, we play around the village sometimes," Kuniome said. "And when we're not playing we sit under a tree and talk about stuff. She talks about you a lot, about how good you are and how you always rescue her from danger."

Sesshomaru was lost in thought, consumed by what his niece had said. Memories flashed in his mind. His journey through the underworld, trying to achieve a perfect meido with Tenseiga, it was the first time he'd cried. He'd shed tears for the little girl whom he thought he'd lost.

Nothing could ever be worth the cost of Rin's life!

He had thought to himself during the time while holding the lifeless Rin tightly in his arms, and he was right. There was nothing in the world he would have traded for Rin's life.

Don't Forget to Vote..
Follow me perhaps..