Chapter 4

"I'm sorry I forgot about your transforming-human-once-a-night thing," Kagome apologized. They were lying down on the ground next to each other, a blanket over them both. Kagome felt InuYasha's shivering and she wrapped the blanket more to him than to herself.

"Kagome, please hug me," InuYasha pleaded, and she did, wrapping her arms around him, her body temperature already starting to help with his freezing. When she did, he gave her a long, passionate kiss on the lips, ignoring the fact that the others were just a few feet away.

"It's not always that you ask something from me," Kagome spoke when they pulled apart, heat already radiating around them both. "It makes me feel like I have a purpose."

"You do have a purpose," InuYasha replied. "You are the only person left who's keeping me alive and practically sane. We need you, Kagome. I need you."

"It's just that it seems like I always depend on you to protect me, to keep me safe..."

"Don't ever think that," InuYasha interrupted before she could finish. "I need you more than you need me, remember that. I wouldn't have had enough strength to protect anyone if I hadn't met you. I wouldn't accomplish anything without you."

InuYasha adjusted his position so he was the one hugging her instead. She closed her eyes and so did he.

"I Love You, Kagome," InuYasha whispered.

☁☁☁

"Kagome, wake up," InuYasha shook her slightly to wake her. "Sesshomaru's gone, and there is something nearby, I hear something."

Kagome sat up and crouched down beside him, "What do you think it is?"

"I don't know," InuYasha replied.

"Where are Miroku and Sango?" she asked.

"They've went to check on what it could have been," he replied. Then suddenly they hear a loud, familiar scream. Sango.

"Something's happened," he mumbled. Both her and InuYasha hear rustling and footsteps, a lot of them, coming closer and closer.

"Stay behind me," InuYasha told her.

"But you're still human," She retorted.

"That's no reason to stop protecting who I love."

Kagome did not reply, instead she did what she was told and stood behind him. Clutching the sleeve of his kimono. The footsteps were getting and closer until suddenly, it just stopped and everything turned silent for a moment.

A demon leaped towards the both of them with a growl, which InuYasha successfully punched. It crashed on the ground, however there were more of them, leaping one after the other towards them. Their eyes were bloodshot red which sent chills down Kagome's spine, she kicked at one who was charging towards them from the ground, and the demon made a loud screech. It's claws protruding like a cat's, it charged towards both of them and clawed at InuYasha. His kimono tore open as blood gushed out from the wound across his chest. He stepped back in pain which led to pushing Kagome behind him. She fell to the ground as she saw InuYasha kneel, his hands and chest now bloody. She hurriedly stood up and started towards him, but she was pulled back by the other demons who were still coming and coming. The demons held her back as the others seized InuYasha, getting him up to his feet, blood trickling down his torso.

"InuYasha!" Kagome called, but he was not conscious. She could not tell if he was dead or was just knocked out. She hoped that he was alright. "InuYasha!" She called again as soon as the demons started to take him away.

A flash of white was the only thing she saw, and the shine of a familiar sword, Bakusaiga, before she passed out.

"Kagome, wake up," Her eyes fluttered open as she saw Sesshomaru pacing back and forth. Kagome sat up, feeling a bit dizzy.

"What happened?" She asked, feeling the bruise on her forehead ache. She tried to stand up but then decided against it. Sango and Miroku was then beside her.

"Are you okay?" Sango asked, looking concerned.

"I'm fine."

"Mommy!" A slightly squeaky voice called up to her. He turned her head to the side and saw Kuniome running towards her. The little hanyou leaped at her mother and gave her a tight hug.

"Kuniome, what are you doing here?" Kagome asked, stunned honestly. Kuniome was supposed to stay at the village. What is she doing here?

"There is no chance for us of defeating Yakunan when we're outnumbered," Sesshomaru spoke and knelt just beside Kagome. "We need the wolves, Kagome."

"But..." Kagome started to protest.

"But nothing," Sesshomaru interrupted. "I will keep your daughter safe, I assure you."

Kagome sighed in defeat and a thought came into her mind. "Where's InuYasha?"

Sesshomaru sighed just as Sango and Miroku took a glance at each other.

"They took him."

Kagome's heart dropped and she broke down crying.

Don't forget to vote.
Follow me perhaps :)