Chapter 13

"Get down, Kagome!" A familiar voice said from a distance. Kagome did what she was told and a second later, a flashes of yellow struck the demon, tearing it into 5 large chunks of muscle and gut. Blood spilled out of the carcass and into the dry grass now stained with red.

"Are you okay, Kagome?" The voice asked from behind her. She continued to bend down, unable to process what just happened. A hand was on her shoulder a second after, puller her up gently, showing her face which was now dirty with bits of grass and soil. Blood still dripped down her arm, from the wound she had received on her shoulder.

The voice hummed a gentle sigh and bent down to her. She looked up and that's when she saw him, his beautiful golden eyes, silky silver hair, dog like ears and red kimono.

"I-InuYasha?" Kagome whispered, still unsure if what she's seeing was real or a hallucination or if she was dead and had gone to heaven, reunited with InuYasha.

"Kagome," He whispered back, his eyes soft.

"Is it really you?" Kagome asked, a flash of hope in her eyes.

"Who else could it be?" He replied, and a second later, she was hugging him. Kagome winced in pain but ignored her injury, she wanted to savor the moment, to keep him in his arms before he disappears if he does. Tears rolled down her eyes, absorbed by the robe of the fire rat. "Please don't cry, Kagome."

"Are you really here? Are you really alive?"

"Of course I am. It takes a lot to bring me down, and you know that," He wrapped his arms around Kagome, cautious as to not touch her wounded shoulder.

"We looked for you," Kagome stuttered, her eyes now puffy from crying. "We couldn't find you anywhere."

"I was unconscious," InuYasha replied. "I'm sorry, Kagome, for making you worry."

"Don't ever do that again. Don't ever leave me," Kagome sobbed.

"You know I won't. Nothing is going to hurt you, so long as I'm alive, and I will stay alive so long as you live."

"I love you, InuYasha," Kagome whispered.

"As I love you." Was his response before she blacked out.

💞💞💞

Kagome's eyes fluttered open as the dripping of water woke her. She looked to see Kaede tending to her wounded shoulder.

"You're finally awake, I see," Kaede said.

"How long have I been out?" Kagome asked, still feeling a sting in her shoulder as she moved.

"A day and half," Kaede replied. "That injury you received was serious, a little more and it would have cut out a major artery."

Was it all just a dream? My reunion with InuYasha? It couldn't be. Why am I still alive? She asked herself.

She heard a slight breathing from the corner of the room closest to her. She looked to see who it was and realized she had not dreamt it. She sighed in relief.

"He'd been in the same position since he'd brought you in," Kaede told her. "He refused to eat or even drink until he sees you conscious. I told him you were going to be okay."

Kagome tried to sit up, ignoring the pain in her shoulder.

"Nay, child, you need to rest, the wound you have needs some time to heal."

"No, I need to get up," Kagome refused and swallowed her pain and managed to get up. Kaede watched carefully as Kagome got up and got a bowl from a counter and filled it up with food from the cauldron.

"Kaede, could you please give us a moment alone?" Kagome asked politely.

"You shouldn't push yourself too hard, child." Kaede replied. "I will be outside keeping an eye on your daughter if you need me."

With that, Kaede got out of the hut, leaving Kagome and InuYasha alone.

Kagome got the bowl of food and approached the sleeping InuYasha. She slowly sat beside him, careful not to spill the food.

"InuYasha?" Kagome whispered and shook him a little. His eyes fluttered open and was immediately looking straight at her. "Here, you need to eat." She said as she handed the bowl to him which he accepted with cold looking eyes.

Don't Forget to Vote..
Follow me perhaps..