“Thank you...”  Her words got tangled with the overwhelming emotion inside her.  He didn’t want to know, he didn’t mind.  How was she so wrong the past 5 years?  She was almost dead sure that she would never be able to love someone, or find someone who could love her, the broken girl.  How wonderful this man is.  She never believed her mother when she said the right man will come, but here he is, with her, telling her he wanted to marry her.  She had to remember to say a prayer in church, to thank God for the gift He sent her.

Andrew was waiting for her to compose herself, patiently playing with her long hair.  After a few moments she smiled at him.

“Okay, no more depressing stuff.”

He nodded, pulling her into his embrace.

“I agree, now we focus on us.”

He slowly pushed her back onto the bed, and she could feel her heart start to race.  He bent his head, his lips on her neck, softly caressing her shoulder and collar bone.  She closed her eyes, about to totally relax, when he spoke.

“To answer your first question, about first base, I would really want to know how you felt.”

She opened her eyes, a bit unhappy with his lips leaving her skin.

“Uhm...well, okay?”

Andrew laughed at her lack of words.

“Why so uncomfortable Abi, don’t tell me your shy.  A few hours ago you were promising me some moaning?”

She could tell he enjoyed her embarrassment.  He knew she was only bluffing.  She stuttered, not really knowing how to express herself.

“Well, I haven’t done this before...”

“Done what before sweetheart?”

His hand was on her leg, slowly moving upwards.  He was staring at her, and the fire in his eyes made her forget what she was saying.  She gasped for air when his hand slipped under her dress, massaging her thigh.  She knew he was trying his best to unnerve her.  She answered quickly.

“You know...oh Andrew, stop, you are distracting me...” Her words were telling him to leave her alone, but she knew her eyes told him something way different.   His chocolate eyes laughed at her, clearly enjoying the power he had over her.

“I’m sorry Abi, I’ll stop.”

Slowly he removed his hands, sitting up.  He could tell she was trying to be serious.

“Okay, I’ve never really been with a guy, ever.”

Andrew frowned.

“You mean you were a lesbian?”

Abi gasped, and slapped him on the chest,hard.

“You idiot.  Off course not.”  She shook her head at his smiling face.  “Stop making this difficult for me.  I’m really trying to express myself.”

He looked sorry this time, nodding.

“Okay Abi, I’m sorry.  I just enjoy it to see you unnerved sometimes.  It’s such a contrast to the Abi you show to the world.”  He took her hand.  “Speak, I’m listening.”

She gave a sigh, and answered.

“You see, during my school years my dad didn’t really want me to date.  So I’ve never had a real boyfriend.  Anyway, all guys in school are so immature, it didn’t really bother me.  But then came the attack, and I kind of just lost interest.  I didn’t want anything to do with anyone.”  She brushed her hair behind her ears.  “Naturally when I started studying, I did have a date with one or two guys, and I even let them kiss me, but I always found it repelling.  So, you are the first, uh, man, I’ve ever had anything but a brief kiss with.”