Chapter 14

Gabby's POV

I didn't have to turn around to know who was in my room. "Go away, Keaton." I sniffled. But he didn't go away. In fact, about a few seconds later I felt him sit down on my bed next to me.

"Hey Gabby, it's okay. You can talk to me." He said in a soothing voice. His voice was so smooth, I found myself instantly captivated by it. It took all of my willpower not to turn around right then and there. I don't want to go crying to anyonebecause if I did that meant that Wes would win. And I didn't want that.

"Did Wes send you?" I asked quietly.

"No." He said firmly. "Well, yes kind of. He did want me to talk to you." His voice faltered. "But I told him I was done trying to help him win you back. I'm here for me. You don't deserve to be treated the way Wes treated you." I felt a hand rest on my shoulder. Keaton's fingers were warm to the touch- so happy and inviting. I felt safe with him here. So before I knew it I was flipping around to face him.

"I thought he liked me." I started crying again.

"He does like you. Wes would never lead a girl on. The problem is that he likes too many girls at once." Keaton joked and poked me in the ribs. He was trying to get me to laugh. "You know who the girl was? Brittany, the girl in Wesley's grade who's in our math class." This made me smile a little bit. Brittany was more than two years behind in Math. She kept failing her regular courses so she was bumped down two grades. She was dumber than a box of rocks.

"The one that always gets a spray tan and it's super obvious because she doesn't rub it in al the way?" I asked him as if I wasn't sure, just to play with him. In this case, bashing Brittany was making me feel a little bit better.

"That's the one." Keaton chuckled. This made me smile too.

"And don't even get me started on the hair." I grumbled. Great, now that bleached blonde mop headed girl was stuck in my head. Despite not being the sharpest knife in the drawer, Brittany was one of the most popular girls at school. Not because she was super well liked, but because she was kind of a bitch and no one had the guts to stand up to her.

"I honestly don't know what Wes saw in that one." Keaton laughed. Oh right, Wes. Talking with Keaton almost made me forget about that. I slunk back down and rolled my covers over my head. "Oh man! Sorry, I said the wrong thing, didn't I? Shit, I always say the wrong thing!" I peeked out from behind my covers to see Keaton facepalming himself, covering his crimson cheeks with embarrassment. I bit my lip holding back a genuine smile.

"Haha, Keaton! It's fine." I laughed softly.

"Are you sure? Man, I'm so sorry..." He shook his head apologetically.

"Keaton! Really it's okay!" I laughed again, taking his face in my hands so he would look at me and understand better. But I don't think my words really registered with him. All I saw was that he was staring down at my hands, not moving a muscle. I dropped my hands from his cheeks instantly. But my hands were tingling with warmth even after they had left his face. And all I wanted to do was touch him again.

Keaton's POV

She's touching my face. She's touching my face. Oh my god, is this actually happening? Should I make my move? Is it too soon? Can she hear my heart beating out of control? Oh my god she totally can. Snap out of it bro! Focus on Gabby. It's time to tell her how you feel. I was about to open my mouth when she immediately pulled her hands away.

"So uh, about Wes? What did you do to him?" She asked. Wes. Wes? Wes Of course she wanted to talk about Wes. How could it be that after everything he's done to her she still wants to talk about him.

"I literally barged into his room and sat there until he stopped making out with Brittany. Then I ran her out of the house." I said, hoping this would earn me some brownie points. She beamed up at me.

"Did you really?" She chuckled. "Even though there was a risk of seeing a half-naked Brittany?" She grimaced.

"Yep. I just walked right in."

"Aw, you didn't have to do that for me." She touched my shoulder as she laughed.

"Gabby Mullens, I would do anything for you."

Hey guys! :) Next chapter is up! What do you think?? :D