I laughed a little bit. "Yeah."

"Why are you laughing? Did I do something wrong?" He looked really confused.

"No it's just, why wouldn't McDonalds be okay? It's not like I look like I eat a salad every night." That made both of us laugh a little bit. I guess we broke the ice.

The woman on the speaker asked us what we wanted. Chase ordered and then he looked at me. "What do you want?"

"Um," I looked at the menu thing that was outside, not that I needed to. I came to McDonald's all the time back home. The thought of home made me sad and I started to zone out. Chase was staring intently at me. He waved his hand in front of my face to bring me back. "Oh, I'll have a number 10 with a coke." He repeated to the lady what I said and then pulled up to the first window. I'm surprised he didn't say anything about what just happened. He gave the lady a 20 dollar bill and then got his change. "So why couldn't your mom come pick me up?" I asked.

"What, you didn't want me to pick you up?" He looked over at me and looked hurt, almost like he was about to cry. Someone's a softy.

"No, oh my god no. It's just... Well I mean... I was just...." I was struggling trying to explain without hurting his feelings.

"Hey, calm down. I'm just kidding." He said in between laughing.

I punched his arm and shoved him a little bit. "That's not funny." There was a long pause, like he forgot I asked a question. "But seriously, why didn't she come pick me up?"

"My little brother, Oliver." He shook his head like he was remembering something. "He got in some trouble at school and my mom had to go to his school. She wasn't back in time to go get you so she called the house. I answered so I got stuck with picking you up," he said playfully. He reached for the food that the man at the window was giving to him. He handed me the drinks and placed the food in his lap. He drove off and we continued to talk.

"So your little brother Oliver, is he a troublemaker?" I questioned.

"Oh yeah. One time he placed a bucket of green slime, from god knows where, on top of the kitchen door so when my older brother Drew walked in there one morning, it all fell on him." Chase ate some French fries from the bag as he told me stories about Oliver and his other brother Logan. Chase was a really cool guy and he didn't make me uncomfortable. He did most of the talking so I didn't have too.

I would occasionally ask a question or two like, "How did he even get it up there?"

Chase would reply with something like, "No one knows. They never told us how they did it. All we know is they are scary good."

"They seem so evil. How old are they?" I took some French fries from the bag and ate them as well.

"Oliver is 9 and Logan is 12."

I almost choked on a French fry. I had a coughing fit and Chase looked over at me as I regained my composure. "9? Oh my god, and he's that devious? That's insane."

We pulled into the driveway and I started to get my luggage from the trunk when Chase handed me the food and said he would get the suit cases. I took the food and walked to the front door. I knocked and then I heard screaming.

A little boy answered the door. He had short wavy hair, brown like Chase's. He could barely reach the door knob. He was wearing buzz light year pajamas and had a Hershey kiss in his hand. He screamed and then slammed the door when he realized he didn't know who I was. I looked back at Chase who was walking up the stairs now. "Just go in." We both started laughing and walked through the door.

It was complete chaos when I stepped inside. There was one kid, who was probably about 8 or 9, refusing to get dressed for bed. I looked in his direction and could see into the kitchen. There was an older guy, probably 18 or 19, standing in the kitchen stuffing his face with cookies. When he looked up and saw me standing there looking at him, he looked so embarrassed. He turned around and quickly walked into another room. To the right of the door, in the living room, there was another kid who was sitting on the couch playing video games. I looked back at Chase and he motioned towards the stairs in front of me. "Mom, we're home," he yelled.