First date - chapter 3

6:00 pm

"Hi mum, I'm home," I yelled when I slammed shut the door. I got out my phone and texted Ethan to see if he knew anything about the date.

Me: Help

E-TEE-WEE-TEE: What do u need?

Me: I have no idea where we're going tonight, or what to wear :-)

E-TEE-WEE-TEE: First world problems be like ;-)

Me: UR SO NOT HELPING

E-TEE-WEE-TEE: K i'll ask him ;-)

I strolled upstairs and started applying my makeup. My phone buzzed and I looked down at it.

E-TEE-WEE-TEE: Beach

Me: What ?

E-TEE-WEE-TEE: He said something about the beach

Me: Thanks, I owe u

E-TEE-WEE-TEE: Yes u do ;-)

I looked through my wardrobe and found a blue and white strappy dress and put it on. I curled my hair, and threw on my converse. By this time it was 6:58. I waited anxiously texting Maddie listening to Day and Night, by Jonny Orlando.

Mads: Is he there yet?

Me: No, it's only 6:58

Mads: Send me a pic of ur outfit

Me:

Mads: LOVE IT :-)

Mads: LOVE IT :-)

At exactly 7:00, the doorbell rang. I instantly got goosebumps and jumped up from my bed. I skipped out of my room, then realising I must look like a demented frog (does anyone else imagine ethan saying that swimming nude feels like a frog, nope just me :-)), so I slowed down and walked down the stairs. When I answered the door, Grayson stood there smiling.

"Hey," I said

"Hi, you look great," he said staring at me.

"Your not so bad yourself," I laughed.

I grabbed my phone and closed the door.

"Do u remember the time your dad confiscated your phone," Grayson giggled

"Omg, I was dying inside. Going around without a phone is like going around without a brain." I laughed.

"How is your dad?" Grayson asked on the way to his car.

"He's..um.. good I think," I said staring at the floor. My Dad is an officer in the US army, he got posted last month for a 9 month tour, and I miss him like hell.

Grayson's POV

Lani looked amazing as she walked, and when we got to my car, I held the door open for her as she got in and closed the door. I got into my side, and turned on the engine. On the way to the beach we talked and laughed about so much like our youtube channels, teen wolf and other nonsense :-). Everything was going great. When I turned on the radio, she sung so effortlessly to it, she just makes me smile. Every so often she would catch me looking at her and giggle. When we got to the beach we parked and got out of the car.

"I'm gonna need to blindfold you until we get down," I said.

"Down to where?" She asked

"You'll see," I said, placing my hands over her eyes

Kalani's POV

As his warm hands cupped my eyes, a thrill of excitement rushed all over my body. We walked, well he lead and I stumbled ahead, still blindfolded, down a small hill and into sand, which I pretended to freak out over since Grayson didn't know that I knew where we were.

"We're here," he said as he took his hand off my eyes. In front of us there was a picnic blanket, full of different platters of food.

"Wow," I said. Grayson held out his hand, and I grabbed onto it. We sat down on the blanket and started eating.

"Ok, you so didn't do this on your own!" I said, stuffing a chocolate into my mouth.

"Ok fine, you got me, Aaron and Cam helped," he chuckled. Me and Aaron used to be really close but we just grew apart. But Cameron and I only talked a couple times outside of class when we weren't being bio partners.

After we finished eating, Grayson jumped up, and held out his hand.

"C'mon," he said pulling me up with him and running towards the sea.

We ran in and it was so frickin' cold I ran straight back out.

"Fuck no," I screamed with laughter running away from the tide. Grayson laughed to the point of pain, and ran back out to me. He threw me over his shoulder and ran back in.

"Grayson Bailey Dolan, I swear to god if you dare," I laughed

"Dare what?" He exclaimed innocently, suddenly throwing me into the water.

I emerged soaking wet laughing and splashed him.

He splashed back, so I ran to him and pushed him over. He fell onto his butt and yelled, "You're gonna pay for that!" He got up and chased me out of the sea screaming with laughter. I ran away along the beach (BAYWATCH) and Grayson ran after me, until he rugby tackled me to the ground. We rolled over so I was on top of him. We were both smiling and laughing so hard. Grayson leant in so our noses were touching, then I leant in and kissed him. We both pulled back smiling, and then kissed again.

A/N - HECK YASSSSS