Chapter 17 - Understanding Nonsense

"What?"

I stared at Natsu. His eyes reflected my face, and he looked at me with all seriousness. I decided to take this as a joke, cause, ya know, why would he ask for my hand in marriage? I sadly chuckle in my mind. He loves Aya.

So I say this: "That's not a very funny joke Natsu."

For some reason, his body turns to ice and he slowly brings his hands back to his lap. Why does this seem so realistic? My attention soon turns to my boyfriend caressing Natsu's girlfriend. Why did Nariko take Aya from him? Was it to make me happy? Did he know that I still li- "You okay?" Nariko asks, not to me, but to her. I stare at them in silence.

"Yeah." Replies Aya. "But could you please stop holding me...its embarrassing." What are they doing? Does Nariko know Aya? Wait...the name sounds familiar. Nariko lifts up Aya, then she gets up, dusting herself off. "Why did you barge in like that? I was getting clos-" Its her, its "Is this your internet friend, Aya_Awesomeness?" I ask. Nariko and Aya turn to me, just now realizing I was there.

"Are you having an affair, Nariko?"

He instantly responds. "No, no, Lucy." I stare at my hands. "What do you mean, no? Tell the girl the truth." Natsu says behind me, then instantly regrets it. "What truth?" I ask, wanting to know and at the same time not wanting to know. Nariko looks at Aya. She nods. "We've been dating for the last three years." Nariko admits.

My body stays in shock. "What?" I ask, my voice shaky. Then they explain...everything. By the end of it, I'm shaking to death. There's a huge lump in my throat and I want to cry. But I don't. So I do the only thing in the world that's going to help me feel better.

I get up, cross the room and stand in front of Nariko with a blank stare. "You were wrong to do this." I say, then my hand leaves my side and I slap him. Nariko steps back. His hand lays on the red mark on his face. "Hey!" Aya hugs him from the backside. "But I understand it was for Lisanna." I say. "But, Nariko, I'm not that sad that you hurt me. I deserved it. I'm sad because you chose to harm Natsu too."

"Woah, Lucy, she didn't hu-" Natsu starts from the back. "He loved you after his heart just broke because of me." I say. Tears threaten to fall. "Nariko, someone once told me that I needed to care for the people I love as much as I care for myself. When you hurt Natsu with Aya, I broke because I've finally realized that I've been treating Natsu like dirt."

I can't help it now.

I start to cry. "I love Natsu more than I love myself." I say in a cracked voice. "And when you hurt him on top of everything I've done, it cracks me into pieces." Tears are now flooding from my eyes. But then I feel arms around me. Natsu's chin lays on my shoulder. "I love you too, Luce."

I turn around and then just cry into his chest. I don't care if they're watching. I don't care how much time passes by. I don't care if I'm on flipping television. All I care about is him.

When I look up, they're gone and Natsu's room is dark. Its that type of calm, resolved, silence. Like everything has been dealt with.

"Where did the ring come from?" I ask, my voice muffled from his shirt. He pulls me up to see his face. "It was Lisannas." He smiles sadly. "Hmm?" "She gave it to me before she died so that I could give it to you. It was her last wish." My arms grip around Natsu's waist. "Well let's do it then."

"What?" Natsu asks.

"Lets get married."

Oooooooohhhhhh
Wow minna, MARRIAGE

I had to write a special chapter because everyone was like: "WOT HAPPEND"

But anyway, thanks for reading the chapter and I'll see y'all later.
Bye!

- Everything_Counts