Chapter 16 - The Fury of My Burning Heart

(Long chapter...be prepared.)
The doorbell ringed, the loud noise echoing off of the thin walls.

"Did someone expect something to come in the mail today?" Asks Levy, walking to the door. Natsu twiddled with his fingers on the couch. "Actually, I'm expecting someone." He said out of the blue. Everyone turned to face Natsu. Except Lucy who sat quietly across the room against a wall. It wasn't like Natsu to invite random people to their apartment like this.

Lucy sat, pretending to stare at her cell phone. She heard Levy turn the doorknob, and then the door creak open. A girl with bright blue eyes and black hair stared at Levy, then smiled sweetly. "Hi, is Natsu Dragneel here?" She asked.

Lucy tightened her grip on her phone.

Nariko stared at Aya, then gulped. It was her, she was here, standing feet away from him.

----------------A day earlier-----------------

It was another date with Aya that sent Natsu out early that morning. She had said nine, but Natsu being Natsu, he made sure he was there at least thirty minutes before it started. He was used to it. After all, Natsu had been at work fifteen minutes earlier than it started every morning.

The date was just outside of Erzas cake shop...again. Natsu was getting bored of this location. How about a little variety?, he thought. Natsu stepped closer and closer. He couldn't help but regret the decision of going on these dates...with someone else.

Natsu leaned against the wall next to the alleyway, like he usually did, and pulled out his phone. He scrolled through his camera roll of pictures...no...trapped memories as Lucy would say. Natsu sighed, and went back to his home screen.

It was about fifteen minutes later that Natsu heard the clattering.

It was like trash cans were being pushed over carelessly. Natsu slid his phone in his pocket. He had enough time before Aya showed up. It would be really embarrassing if he saw a careless employee emptying the garbage back there, but Natsu had to find out.

There was this weird force that was pulling him to it, like he needed to figure it out. Natsu continued down the alleyway, becoming closer to the noises. He got to the corner, and stopped. Around this corner was something he needed to see. Natsu looked around. There was no Juvia Lockser or anyone to stop him. Natsu closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and peered around the corner.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"One last kiss Nariko."
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

He saw Aya and Nariko,
...kissing.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Natsu sucked in a breath. This wasn't real, was it? It was surely just a dream. A shiver went through his whole body. This was too much for him to take. When Natsu tried turning back though, he stumbled across a lid, causing Nariko and Aya to instantly pause the moment.