Chapter 8 - I Disappear

Lucy's Pov

My world swirls in darkness. It feels good to finally rest and let everything go for a while. Nariko's arm is around me. But I'm still cold. In this bed with satin white sheets, I'm cold. In this room with a dark wooden dresser with lilies on top, I'm still cold.

That's not how it should be.

I decide to open my eyes because I can feel the goosebumps on my skin. I wrap my arms around myself and try to fall asleep again. As expected, it doesn't work. I remove the heavy blanket over us and Nariko's arm, then climb off of the bed.

A shiver goes down my spine while I walk across the room in the white moonlight from the window. My hand twists the knob of the door to the hall, and it opens without hesitation. Then I step out into the hall. I glide down it. But as I do, someone catches my eye.

Inside his room, Natsu's head peeks up above the covers. I think of how warm it must be underneath there. I almost walk in, but stop myself. Then I stop staring and continue down the hall to the main room. I tip toe to the fridge and look inside.

Nothing looks appealing. I shut the fridge and close my eyes. I inhale, and exhale. Then to my surprise I feel warm. "Geez. You look freezing Luce." A familiar voice says behind me. I turn and see the pink headed dork standing behind me. A blanket of his is wrapped around my shoulders.

"Well you're right about that." I say. "Thank you Natsu." I add. Natsu shifts in his step. "Follow me." He says, then grabs my hand and walks into his room. Of course im forced to follow. He motions for me to come out onto his deck and pulls out a chair for me.

I sit down.

He sits next to me.

"So...what?" I ask.

He stares out at the city before him. I can admit, its beautiful. Cars drive by below us. They look like bullets of light. Usually, because of the light from the city, you can never see the stars. I was too immersed in my sleep and being cold that I never realized that the power was out. Now, Magnolia is covered in darkness. And the stars are visible.

"Is he treating you well?" Natsu asks. It doesn't take me long to figure out that he is talking about Nariko. I don't really want to talk about him right now. I want this to be me and Natsu's moment. "Yeah." I reply. "Mm."  He acknowledges.

"What about you?" I ask. "What?" He asks like he's not guilty of anything. "Don't act like I haven't noticed." I tell him clearly. He fiddles with his fingers. He is nervous about something. "How would you feel if I still loved you?"

Time stops. What is he implying? Is he asking or does he still have feelings for me? I can't tell from the way his mood is. I honestly don't know how to reply. "Well, I guess, I would-" I'm too late.

I knew this would happen. Why wouldn't it? I was saved by the bell of Natsu's lips hitting mine with full force. My eyes widen from the shock of this. I'm pinned up against the wall now. He doesn't let go of me, like that if he does, I'll disappear. My eyes start to shut, but I know I can't allow this.

I'm with Nariko. I can't let this rip me from him. I love him too. So I grab Natsu's shoulders and force him away. "I'm sorry." I say. "I can't do this." I'm surprised when a tear falls from my face. "Natsu, you've got to move on." My voice trembles as I say the next part.

"Find someone else."

He looks shocked. I'm ready to die of guilt and tears. "I get it." He says under his breath. "Natsu, I didn't mean..." "No, I get it Lucy. You belong with someone else. Not me. So go back to your room." He now says angrily. "But Natsu..." "Go away!" I run back to my room. Tears fall. I didn't mean for that to happen!

So I return to my bed, and feel like I'm trapped in an ice storm as my mind shuts down to be returned to sleep.

____________________

I'm sorry for being depressing! Each chapter reflects off of my mood and today I was feeling down...but o well...

- Everything_Counts