Chapter 16: " You are not alone"

My body sways from side to side, and I feel like I am sleeping on air. A warm smell of pine and rain fills my senses and I bury myself deeper into it's source. My head is pounding and my eyes, burning. I open then slowly and the adjust to the light streaming in.

" Crims? Finally awake?" A deep voice calls out to me. My eyes fluttered completely open and I grunt in response. I realise that Hunter is carrying me on his back and we are trekking through the outskirts of the woods.

" CRIMSON!" a voice screams and a second later,Lexi is up in my face. " Oh my goodness, are you okay? Are you hurting somewhere? You're finally awake! I was so worried!"

I groan as my head continues to feel like it is split in half." I'm fine Lex, can you please stop screaming?"

She pouts" Well it's been five days since I saw you awake, so sue me!"

I give her a apologetic smile. I then turn to Hunter.

" Put me down please."

He looks at me amused. " You sure about that?"

I start to grow irritated at his amused expression. " Yes! now put me down!"

" Okay, if you say so." He sets me down on the floor and takes a step back. Instantly I feel like the world is swaying under my feet and I stumble. Hunter is quick to react and catches me before I fall. He looks at me with that infuriating smirk on his face .I push his hands off of me.

" I can walk" I say annoyed. I try to take a step when my legs give out from under me and yet again I fall. Hunter swiftly catches me again and agilely hoists me piggyback position.

" Would you stop being stubborn for once in your life and just let me help you?".he says , tightening his grip on my thighs.

I hear snickers around me and turn to see Ray and Lexi trying to control their laughter and Evelyn and Tyler looking at us with amused expression.

I scoff and frown." What are you all laughing at?" I ask angrily.

Wait a minute..

Ray was standing up! On two feet!

" Ray! Your leg!!" I scream excited.
He beams at me and strikes a pose. " All better thanks to you! Ray is back in action! Thank you."

I feel my cheeks pinken as I accept his thanks. I couldn't believe that I had done it!

" Where are we? " I ask, noticing that we were no longer in the forest but were surrounded by farms.

" We have reached the outskirts of Seren." Evelyn informs me.
My eyes widen . We still had a when days journey ahead of us in the forest when I was conscious. I groan, how long was I out this time?.

Hunter smirks." You were out for three days Crims. Broke your other record of two days."
I look at him in annoyance.

His smirk deepens at my expression. " We waited for two days for you to wake up and for the others to recuperate and Ray to get used to his leg. When you were out the third day as well, we decided to carry you."

I look down at him." You guys carried me for a entire days journey?" I ask in shock.

" If by you guys you mean Hunter, then yes, we did. He didn't let anyone else carry you." Lexi pipes up, a mischievous smile on her face.

I look down at Hunter. " You carried me the entire way?"

He just shrugs and looks forward. My heart warms and butterflies erupt in my belly.
" I'm so sorry for being a burden." I say. I feel so bad about the fact that they had to lug by body through a forest.