Chapter 8: Meeting Her

This was going to be a loong day.

He effortlessly carries me all the way to the hospital, and I don't struggle one bit. I know for a fact that struggling won't get me anywhere, and I stay quiet the whole walk there. His hands are wrapped around me, sending off waves of warmth. My head, rested on his chest, listens to his rhythmic heartbeat as I feel a blush creep up my neck. A gust of cold air sends shivers through me, freezing my nose and arms. I'm wearing nothing but the thin black shirt and tights, in weather that is cold enough to snow.

I unconsciously lean in toward him, in an effort to stay warm. To my surprise he doesn't reprimand me, instead he pulls me closer to him.

" You're an idiot to come out in the cold with nothing but a shirt on." He says, looking down at me. Amusement fills those chocolate eyes.

I cross my arms and pout." Watch where you're going." I say, turning my head away from him.

A chuckle rumbles through his chest causing a smile to tug on my lips." No good comebacks? You're so stubborn, you know that?"

We reach the hospital all too soon , and the warmth of the lobby encloses me.

" You know I can walk right?" I ask him, cocking an eyebrow.

He looks down at me, amusement now written all over his face." I know."

" Then let me down!"

" Nope."

" Come on please! I wont run away!"

" Nope."

" Now you're the one who's stubborn."

He simply smiles in response.

We receive weird stares from the people seated in the lobby and my blush intensifies. To add to my embarrassment, Brown eyes notices.

" Are you blushing? All I'm doing is carrying you ya know."

My eyes widen and my face becomes beet red." I'm not blushing because of you!"

" At least you didn't deny you were blushing."

My voice falls down to a whisper. " They're staring."

Once again a melodious chuckle goes through him."So?"

" Its embarrassing!"

Once again all I receive is a smile.

He walks up the stairs and into the hallway that leads to my room. He enters the room and places me gently on the bed. I am surprised with how gentle he is, his tall intimidating figure not looking capable of it.

He then smirks evilly and as swift as a bullet slaps handcuffs onto my hand and the bedpost.

" Hey! What do you think you are doing?"

" There is no way I am leaving you alone without restraints again. Don't worry I will be back soon, so you wont have to stay in those handcuffs long."

" Are these really necessary? I'm not going anywhere!"

He just shrugs and walks out the door, leaving me alone. I pull in the handcuffs but they hold strong. I consider picking the lock but realise that I would only draw suspicion to myself by doing so.

I sigh loudly and wait till he returns . After about five minutes he comes back accompanied by another artist, the same one who was stationed outside Lady Evelyn's ICU.

He has red hair that sweeps over his forehead in a windswept way and piercing golden eyes.He was also good looking, but not as good looking as Brown Eyes. I still don't know his name...

What was with energy artists and there good looks?

" Was it really necessary to handcuff her? " he asks Brown Eyes , amusement lacing his voice.

" You have no idea how feisty she is. That skinny girl packs quite a punch!" Comes the reply

"Hello? I'm still sitting here!" I huff out even though I realised he just complimented me. Kinda.

The redhead laughs." Now I see why you handcuffed her! " he then turns to me " Nice to meet you, the name is Ray."

" Crimson"

" Like the colour?" He asks, tilting his head like a confused animal. An adorable confused animal.

I laugh slightly." Yup exactly like the colour."

Brown Eyes walks over to me and unlocks the cuffs.

" Evelyn wants to meet you. Lets go."

I rub my wrists which are slightly bruised due to my tugging. Lady Evelyn wants to see me? Did she know it was me? Or did she just want to meet the suspicious person who saved her life? Would she recognise me? My thoughts were running wild and I had zoned out.

" Hello? Earth to Crimson!" Brown Eyes waves his hand in front of my face and I swat it away.

" Gosh stop that! I'm coming already!" I snap at him. " Its not like I have a choice" I add under my breath.

" What was that?" He asks his intimidating nature surfacing again.

" Nothing!" I pipe, giving him a fake smile.

He grabs my forearm and makes me stand.

" No need to manhandle me! Foe the second time today, I can walk just fine!" I snap at him yet again.

He raises his arms up in surrender and urges me forward. Ray, being the gentleman that he is, opens the door for me,laughing at our antics.

I trudge out and follow Brown Eyes to a room three doors down. He then steps away and nods for me to go inside. I pause at the door, hesitant to go inside. I finger my necklace, nervous to go inside. I feel his eyes travel with my hand and fixate on my necklace.

" By the way, what's your name? " I ask Brown Eyes, trying to stall going inside.

He smirks at me." I'm under no obligation to tell you." He says, mimicking my voice. That jerk.

" I just asked because I wanted to tell Lady Evelyn who it was that manhandled me, is all" I say with a smirk of my own. His lips drop and annoyance fills his features.

" You little-"

I don't let him finish as I pull open the door and step in side, letting it close behind me. I stop at the door, my legs unable to move. I see her standing at her full height, facing me, a huge smile on her face.

" So it was you, Crimson."

--------------------------------------

A/N:

Heya! Hope you guys liked this chapter!

Please don't be silent readers and tell me what you think

Comment,vote and share!

Yours,

Swa_mitsu