Chapter 6: Eyes

PRESENT

The face that was then a mask of happiness was now coated with sweat and splatters of blood. Her golden hair, now streaked with grey, stuck to her face. Her breathing is ragged, forced and painfull.

Brown eyes pulls me out of my memories as he slightly nudges me forward.

" Its her, Lady Evelyn!" I mumble, in a trance. I take a step back, my heart picking up speed as I register that it truly is her.

What was she doing here? Why was she so beat up? I place a hand on my racing heart and I try to compose myself.

Brown Eyes grabs me by the shoulders and turns me to face him. I don't look up at his visage, too wrapped up in my thoughts. My past was catching up to me and I was terrified.

He says something I don't catch. I push him away with all the might I can muster, and he falls to the ground, skidding a few inches.He is stunned at my strength, which does not match my skinny frame. I take a few steps backward before I spin on my heel and full on sprint way from him.

I run as fast as my legs will and lock myself in a bathroom stall. Sinking to the ground, I pull my knees to my chest and bury my face in the hollow.

The memories threaten to overpower me and I start to shudder.

" 100..99..98.." I count taking deep breaths, trying to calm myself.

15 minutes later, I calm down and exit the stall. Approaching the sink, I splash cold water on my face and stare at my reflection in the mirror. I will myself to leave the bathroom, deciding to find out what had happened to Lady Evelyn and that I wouldn't interfere and pull myself back to square one. I would observe and hope someone helps her. I didn't want her to die.

I make my way to my station but find no one. My alarm grows wondering what happened to Lady Evelyn. I make my way to the ICU ( Intensive Care Unit) praying that she is there, being taken care of. I see the artists standing outside the room, pacing tensely.Brown Eyes is no where to be seen, much to my relief.

Good, I think. She'll be safe in the company of trained doctors. I spin on my heel and move to leave the way I came. A voice, which I recognise as the Head Doctors,  makes me halt in my tracks.

"We are going to have to move her out of the ICU. I'm sorry son, there is nothing we can do for her. She is past recovery."

"No! Please find a way! She cant die, she's all I have left in this world. PLEASE!"

The voices come from the Head doctor's room, and I feel my heart constrict. The owner of the other voice sounds broken, his words resonating in me. He was going to lose the one he loved, a familiar feeling to me. I step back and peek into the door that was slightly ajar and my eyes widen, it was Brown Eyes.

That means the person he was talking about was..

I whip my head back towards the ICU room. I mumble profanities under my breath, cursing my luck. I couldn't let her die, I owed her too much. She was the mother figure I had lost, she had tried to heal my heart. I loved her as my own mother.

I pull out the doctors mask that is stashed in my pocket and let my hair loose. I have no idea what they would do if they recognised me. I stride confidently over to the door, knowing that a moments hesitation would cause my reveal.

Their eyes follow me, suspicious and curious. One of the two  men reach out to stop me, a question at the tip of his tongue, but is held back the other. He directs a reassuring nod towards me and I send him a grateful look. I take a deep breathe and reach for the door handle, my nerves affray. I was going to save her, even if it meant using the powers I swore I would never unlock again. I pull the door open, the overpowering smell of antiseptic instantly hitting me.

She lies on the bed completly motionless and I panic, thinking she might already be dead. As I approach her I am partially reassured after spotting the faint movement of her chest, proving she was breathing and alive.

I practice basic healing on her, and on checking her vitals, see that she wouldn't make it unless treated soon. And by soon I mean immediately.

I tense and fear grips my heart, but I shake it away. I hadn't healed anyone to the extent of using my eyes in years. i rip of the mask and gulp down large breaths of air.

"Come on Crimson, you can do this." I reassure myself and place my trembling hands over the gaping wound.

I concentrate all my energy to my eyes and channel it too the palms of my hands. My eyes glow pale green, symbolising activation, and focus on regeneration. It was the only thing that could help Lady Evelyn now. A wave of pale green energy exits my hand and flows into the wound, reviving new cells, multipling them and eliminating dead cells. The entire room turns into a pale green, the light from the healing illuminating it.

She wont make it, it's not enough, I was too late. No, i will not lose another part of my life at my expense. I pour every drop of energy I have to my hands and direct it at the wound. the force sends me flying across the room, hitting the wall with incredible force. I slump to the ground, and with a pounding head, I lose consciousness.

                                           -------------------------------------------------------------

Heya! Hope you guys liked that chapter!

Q: Do you think Lady Evelyn will make it?

Please dont be silent readers and tell me what you think!

Comment, vote and share!

Yours,

Swa_mitsu