Mentally rolling my eyes as my subconscious reminds me of my condition.

I need to learn to become independent of my mind and feelings. I need to control them. I can't live like this forever, a mentally unstable person.

"Okay, Dad. Take care. Tell mom I miss her," I remind him before ending the call.

Jasmine lightly kicks my butt, "I thought you were about to get a scolding," she whines, "Not enough action. I missed when your dad used to talk your ear off."

I slap her legs again, this time harder, "Yeah, and all you did was stare because you like it when he was scolding me."

"That's what you get when you're a stubborn bitch," she snaps while kicking me off the bed.

I squeal and land face down, "Ugh, Jasmine! What the heck?"

She chuckles, evilly, "I'm the baddest bitch alive!"

I quickly stand up from my position and grab her hair, "It's I'm a bad bitch!"

Both of us laugh as we playfully fight inside my dorm.

I missed this. Before everything happened, Jasmine and I would goof around in my room after a long day of training. The announcement took a toll on some of us. We had to work twice as hard in preparation for this academy. Meaning, Jasmine and I rarely met as most of my training sessions and studies would be with dad.

The door suddenly unlocks, and my brother trudges in with Harris and Tony, "I heard screaming," he says, alarmed.

I gape at him. How did he open the door?

I look at his hand and see a transparent card with a visible chip embedded on the side. He's made a decoy key card. How? Well, technologies are one of his expertises. He's done these things before, which helped enhance our security systems at home.

Groaning, I take the card from his hands and examine it, "Axel, next time you make something, you need to tell me about it. I need some privacy, too, you know?"

"You should make me one of those for the girl next door," Tony suggests, raising his brows a few times to hint his intention.

Jasmine smacks his head, "I'm the one who lives next to her!"

Tony shoots her a glare and rubs the back of his head, "Dammit, she has two neighbors! Two freaking neighbors! The tall bitchy one and the legs wide opened one!"

Sighing, I ignore the two children in front of me and return the card to my brother, "Please do tell me if there are any other devices here that you've installed that I don't know."

He shakes his head, "No, surprisingly, they didn't install any cameras inside the dorms, which is weird because it's unlikely of them not to monitor us twenty-four seven."

Axel looks at his watch, "We're going to be late if we stay a while longer."

I nod my head and grab Jasmine and I's bag from the ground. I make sure I've left all the switches off before we left my dorm.

Harris is beside me as we walk to the academy. Our hands ever so slightly touch as we move, but he doesn't interlace our fingers. I've never been used to intimacy before. Holding hands is a big step for me, and we had just started yesterday.

Not today.

Still, as much as I want to experience these things, I need to concentrate on my concerns. Having these types of feelings doesn't change the fact that I'm different from everyone. It can't help me forget who I am, what I need to do, and how I need to protect myself from almost everyone.

Perhaps that's his role. Maybe he's there to mask your concerns even if it means temporarily, a distraction to keep you from focusing too much on yourself.

Exactly, at that right moment, Harris leans beside me to whisper, "I hope you don't mind, but I'll be right by your side."

Then, my heart flutters.

__________

"Move your fat ass, bitch," Jasmine snarls at Tony while shoving him to the side.

Tony grimaces, "Y'all are a bunch of assholes." He then looks at me and smiles, "Except you, Bree. I like you."

Jasmine smacks him this time, "Fuck off. She's taken," she growls at him.

I sigh, "Jasmine, be nice."

Sometimes these people act like inconsiderate children.

The teacher comes in, and we immediately compose ourselves. Tony, Jasmine, and I are seated in the middle lane. I look around and familiarize my classmates.

Our teacher starts her lesson with a surprise quiz. Everyone groans but hurriedly scans over their books. I'm at ease as I stare at the textbook, judging the contents. Most of what's in this book is bogus.

They're feeding us with lies of our history, trying to make a cover-up so that the council will seem as if they are our allies.

Mr. Josen tells us that our time is up and to bring out a sheet of paper for our essay quiz.

I do what is told, an inaudible sigh coming out of my lips. Who would've thought that a week of school could get this tiring?

I miss home. I miss the areas where my mother, along with some other tutors, taught me privately. The times to myself, to which I sometimes hated, felt like a haven to me.

How must one continue living this life where there is no certainty? There's no assurance as to if I'll ever live the same average life as a wolf, or if I'll be alive the next morning.

Dismissing my thoughts, I start answering the essay with a below-average understanding. Purposely misspelling a few words even though it drives my mind to insanity.

We still don't have any straining activities that could raise suspicions on me. Everything's still pretty basic because everyone's figuring out this whole academy. Sometimes the teachers are also unsure of what they are doing.

Though, recently, I have this feeling in my gut that tells me something's about to happen. I don't know if it's going good or bad.