chapter 28

Third Person POV

The thing about Kyungmin and Taehyung was that both of them preferred to confine themselves in silence over a matter that actually needed to be addressed.

Their stubborn little heads decided that it would be best not to talk about their kiss, as if it were an unwritten rule between them to not speak about it.

But obviously, both of them hadn't completely gotten over it; Even though they acted as if they had already settled it. They probably should have known better that they should not always let things slide without a word.

Who knew when chances could just slip away again just like before.

Saturday night, not a single noise could be heard in Taehyung's apartment aside from the humming of the air conditioner.

But something else woke Kyungmin up. Sitting upright, she fought with the blur in the dark. Wanting to see Aeri's face, she turned the table lamp on.

As soon as her vision had adjusted, her brows knitted. Kyungmin blinked a few more times and realized she hadn't been wrong when she had noticed something odd with the infant's skin color.

With panic building up on her stomach, she instantly hovered her ear above Aeri's face.

She is breathing, Kyungmin assured herself. But Aeri was hot, and she looked a little pained with her wrinkled expression.

Kyungmin got out of the covers and stood up to Aeri's bedside, taking the infant out of her blankets. Right at that moment, Kyungmin's thoughts began to scatter. Her hands trembled as her mind fought with knowing what to do and being scared to actually do anything.

Perhaps a tiny voice in her mind managed to remind her that she was not alone. Kyungmin scuffled to the door and held it open.

"Taehyung!" yelled Kyungmin shakily, then she slammed her fists on Taehyung's door and rushed back to Aeri inside her room, carrying her rather unsteadily. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath in. She had to get ahold of herself for Aeri.

Seconds later, Taehyung was in front of her room, leaning his arm on the door frame as he blinked himself awake.

"What's wrong?" he asked in a raspy voice as Kyungmin made small steps towards him.

"T-Taehyung... Aeri is..." Kyungmin glanced at him, terrified and his eyes widened when he saw how pale Aeri was.

"Hold on, I'll get my keys. Go wrap her up to keep her warm." Taehyung hurriedly went back to his room before even finishing his sentence.

I need to get to my senses. I can't be like this right now. I have to stay calm for Aeri.

Kyungmin did as Taehyung had told her whilst chanting those words in her mind. When Taehyung came back, they quickly went out of the apartment.

Throughout the drive to the hospital, Kyungmin had been a total wreck. She helplessly held Aeri in her arms, not knowing exactly what to do. She was so, so afraid as if Aeri would just melt away out of her grasp.

The tiny drops of liquid falling on her cheeks soon turned into a continuous stream of tears. She bit her sobs back, also trying to remain composed so she wouldn't tense up Taehyung.

"I'm sorry, please don't mind me and just drive safely." She closed her eyes, rocking Aeri subtly as she leaned her head on the window.

Taehyung tapped on her thigh assuringly. "She'll be fine."

And Kyungmin hoped the same.

Little Aeri was rushed into a room, and Taehyung had to hold Kyungmin back from following inside. She could only beg whoever was pushing the stretcher to do everything they could.

Taehyung wrapped his arm around Kyungmin as she sobbed, feeling her whole being pricked with needles. To her, everything was blocked out, and only Aeri filled her thoughts.

They stood there in the same position, until someone opened the door and stepped out of the room.

Kyungmin's head was in a haze, she could barely remember the name of the doctor when she introduced herself. All she wanted was to see Aeri, alive and breathing, in front of her.

"She has a very high fever," began the doctor. "For now the baby is fine, but we need to keep monitoring her for any complications."

"Uh, sorry," interrupted Taehyung, "but can she go inside now?"

The doctor seemed taken aback at first, but nodded shortly. "Oh, yes." She ardently turned to Kyungmin with concern. "You may go inside."

"You go inside," mumbled Taehyung to Kyungmin's head, hugging her tightly before letting her go. "I'll talk to the doctor and handle the papers."

"Thank you, Taehyung," Kyungmin muttered with much appreciation before rushing inside the room.

God, just please keep Aeri safe and alive.

a/n:
❝we're getting into the 'final arc' of this book, can you believe? anyway, do you mind telling me what your opinions on this book are so far? Especially those silent readers hehehe I'd like to know them. Thank you so much for everyone's support ♡❞