chapter 20

❝I was not supposed to update yet, but y'all, #689 in fanfiction, I'm so shook? like how? omg I could only thank you guys by posting another update, ily all so much❞

— ✿ —

"Hold on, I'll just take this call."

"Sure," I mumbled, nodding as I held Aeri, sitting on the clinic table while playing with a Pikachu plushie.

Our monthly check up was scheduled for today, so we were currently at the hospital, in her pediatrician's clinic.

As Aeri kept shoving the plushie to my face, she let out small giggles and bounced up and down on her seat. I had to secure her on both sides just to make sure she wouldn't fall off.

"An accident?" I heard Dr. Seokjin belt out on his phone. This made me whip my head to his direction. Our eyes met and I tilted my head, shooting him an inquisitive look. Continuing to listen, he raised his hand signaling me to wait.

I simply nodded and returned my attention to Aeri. Curious, I listened to his words and tried to piece up the information. Well, it wasn't like I was eavesdropping. Their conversation wasn't of a private matter anyway. If it were, he would have gone out.

Anyway, I didn't really understand much aside from two vehicles coming to a clash, and some people getting dragged into the incident. All the while, I just hoped there weren't casualties as I calmed myself from the rush of cold blood inside me.

"There was some accident near Sinsa Station," said Dr. Seokjin as he neared us after ending the call. "There was a drunk driver of a truck that maneuvered hitting a car at the intersection..."

He complained about alcohol intake too early in the morning and basically chided about drunk driving, but my mind was adrift from the topic already.

Sinsa Station? There was something about it, I just couldn't place a finger exactly what it was.

"Now Dr. Seehun couldn't attend her meeting because she got caught up in traffic and she wouldn't be able to arrive on time so I have to fill in her place," ranted Dr. Seokjin, and my eyes widened.

When it clicked together, a heavy thump lurched on my chest, and I blanked out for a solid second.

Isn't that near Sinsa-dong where Taehyung is supposed to have his meeting today?

"Uhm, can I excuse myself for a moment?" I mumbled, my fingers fidgeting on the hem of my blouse.

"Is there any problem?" Dr. Seokjin questioned.

"I just have to make a phone call."

He understood and maybe even saw the anxiousness within me. With an assuring expression, he nodded at me and I took my phone out as I left his clinic.

Without hesitation, I thumbed on Taehyung's number.

First unanswered call. Second unanswered call. Third, fourth—

My breath only got uneven as every ring passed. Taehyung wasn't picking up. Trying to rationalize my mind, I kept mumbling to myself that he might already be in the meeting.