I look over at him and see how focused he is on his phone waiting for my response. If this would give him peace of mind it would be worth it.

MAYA: Okay :)

*************************************************************************************

The class clears out, even Riley due to a perfectly timed call from Lucas leaving me the chance to talk to Josh alone. "I'm running to get coffee" James says as he heads out the door before Josh closes it behind him after he's out of earshot.

"Did he touch you?" he demands quickly taking me back. I think about lying but I know it would be pointless. After only a week Josh knew me second best to Riley.

"He kissed me" I admit as his face turns red and I swear he might explode. "I pushed him away and I texted you before I even opened the door" I add defensively.

"That's it?" he asks as I nod.

"I promise" I assure him as I take a step towards him. "I don't want to lie to you" I add softly as the distance between us becomes almost nonexistent.

"I almost had a heart attack this morning when you texted me. If he would've hurt you" he trails off as he caresses my cheek making my face heat up at the contact.

"I gotta go" I say as I quickly break away. As much as I wanted to kiss him we were in the middle of the classroom that was the whole reason why I couldn't let it happen. "Talk to you later" I add as I rush out the door and rush to the library. I collapse down at my spot as my phone rings.

"Hello" I say before looking at the caller ID.

"Hey baby girl" my mom says making a smile pull at my lips. I usually talked to her once a week but with everything that was going on we hadn't talked. "How are you?"

I laugh before responding. "Derek and I broke up" I inform her first.

"What? Why?" she asks confused as I let out a long sigh, running my fingers through my hair.

"He lost his job and decided to wallow in self-pity and alcohol. We've been fighting all last week and it kinda came to its head on Saturday."

"Why?" she asks as I bite my lip, my mind flashing to Josh. Our night out, his hands on my hips, the want to find out what his lips taste like that never seems to go away no matter how hard I try to will it away.

"It's complicated" I admit as she laughs.

"Isn't it always" she replies, "what's going on?"

"I'm attracted to someone who I can't have" I sigh as a long pause stretches across the line.

"Does he have a girlfriend? Wife? Baby mama?" she asks making me laugh as I shake my head.

"No mom" I assure her.

"So what's the issue?" she asks as I look around to make sure I'm alone before responding.

"He's my TA" I whisper as my mom inhales sharply.

"Maya Hunter" she scolds as I shake my head, letting my head fall into my hands.

"I know. I know. We kinda went out on Friday. Derek found out and he kinda hit me" I confess quietly.

"He what?" she exclaims. "Where the hell are you staying?"

"At the apartment. I kicked him out. I stayed with the other guy on Saturday."

"Did you have sex with him?"

"Mom" I exclaim as she laughs.

"Is he hot?"