50 ⊳ REALITY & INSTAGRAM

Start from the beginning

"Of course n-!" Athena suddenly halted in her speech and her position, causing Steven to glance back at her with concern, though her gaze remained locked on a van ahead of them before she yelled out, "Ice cream!"

Before Steven could even speak a single word, the female was sprinting towards the ice cream truck – which was probably the most exercise she had done in years – which caused the male to let out a small giggle at his girlfriend's childish behavior and shake his head disapprovingly, even though he wouldn't have Athena any other way. He loved the brunette's childish side, because that's when she was normally happy and bubbly.

Hastily, he caught up with the bubbly brunette who had already ordered vanilla ice creams for herself and her boyfriend before she passed him her ice cream and they continued talking.

"That was the most exercise I've done in my entire life and it was for food. God, I'm a mess." Athena grumbled, taking small licks of her vanilla ice cream as she spoke.

The male decided to wrap his arm around her shoulders before he responded, "You might be a mess but you're my mess and I wouldn't have you any other way."

Warmth rose to Athena's cheeks and she gazed to the ground. Something that she'd never get used to would be Steven complimenting her or calling her 'his'. Something that she had realised a few months after her and Steven had begun dating was that anything that he said would have an impact on her, even if it was the smallest thing. Observing his movements, a sigh escaped her lips. She adored the subtle tilt of his head when he turned too glance around. Every movement seemed as though he planned it out ahead of time, and that's just one other thing that she loved about him.

However, Steven's focus wasn't on Athena as his ears perked up once he heard faint laughter from behind the bushes near them, and his eyes narrowed as he subtly glared at them, giving the people behind the bushes a small signal to be quiet or else the entire plan would've been ruined.

The male, who was much taller than the female beside him, had sweaty hands as nerves and anxiety began to creep up on him, though nobody on the outside world would be able to see that. However, Athena could – which was to be expected after seven years of friendship and eight months of dating.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Athena questioned, lacing her fingers with his while a curious glint was visible in her hazel orbs.

Steven glanced down at her, putting on a small smile as he pressed another kiss to her forehead and responded, "Nothing. Don't worry."

"I'm worrying." Athena grumbled, which resulted in Steven letting out a small chuckle and shaking his head.

"What's the worst thing about throwing a party in space?" The male asked; attempting to change the subject, which caused Athena to let out a small laugh and look up at her boyfriend with humor plastered across her face.

"I don't know, O Great Master of Puns. Please, inform me, Mighty Yeun Man." Athena mumbled sarcastically, shaking her head with an amused expression.

Steven chuckled at the nicknames he had received before telling her the answer, "You have to planet."

At that, Athena smacked her forehead with frustration, though she did let out a small laugh and a smile was spread across her face, "That is the worst pun I have ever heard. Oh my God, Steven!"

"Those nicknames were the worst I've ever heard – O Great Master of Puns, really?" Steven countered back, causing the female to let out a small giggle.

"You love me – don't deny it." Athena told him, jokingly pointing a stern finger at him.

Steven shook his head, "Of course I love you, but I don't love your nicknames."