35 ⊳ REALITY

THIRTY-FIVE | reality

Athena was sat in her living room, blissfully unaware of the male approaching her house as she flicked through the home screen of Netflix, attempting to find something good to watch while she munched on the tub of popcorn she had in front of her

Ever since she had the argument with Steven, she had been a large ball of anger, sadness and procrastination. She just didn't want to do anything except from binge-watch TV Shows. She had forced herself to write and record a few songs so that she could begin her music career, but that was all.

Some would say that she was still in shock – and she was. She was shocked that Steven would ever cheat on her. She was shocked that everything between her and Steven was fake. She was shocked that Steven wasn't the man that she believed he was for seven years. Athena couldn't believe it. She didn't want to believe it.

The female had attempted to get her mind off the argument with Steven in numerous ways. She had binge-watched numerous TV shows, she went out with the girls and Spencer, she made a rant about how pathetic E!News were, she had recorded several covers to many songs. Now, she was just bored.

So, when she heard a knock at her door, she leapt up to her feet with her eyes clouded with hope. She didn't expect anybody to arrive at her house, but she hoped that it would be Abigail, Spencer, Lauren, Christian, Alanna, Sonequa, Andrew or Norman.

However, when she swung the door open, she was greeted with a face that she didn't expect.

Steven Yeun.

The only words that she could form at the time flew out of her mouth before she could even stop them, "Please stick a fork in my neck."

"Listen Athe-."

His words were already drowned out by the slamming of her door. Hastily, she locked the door with her key and turned on her heel, about to walk back into the living room before she heard the sound of the lock being messed with and the door swinging open.

With a groan, the female turned around to see Steven stood in front of her with a pair of keys dangling on his finger and a satisfied grin on his face as he muttered, "Did you really forget that you gave me keys?"

"Probably should've thought about that." Athena murmured, crossing her arms over her chest as she gazed up at the male, whose smile transformed into a sad frown once he noticed the anger and sadness in her eyes.

Steven shut the front door before he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, not knowing what to say as the large speech that he had planned beforehand had vanished, "Athena, I-I'm so sorry. Please, let me explain."

"Explain what, Steven - that you're a lying, cheating piece of shit?" Athena questioned, her eyes narrowed as she tapped her foot impatiently against the floor.

"I didn't cheat on you." Steven protested, shaking his head as he stuffed his hands into his pockets.

Rolling her eyes, Athena pinched the bridge of her nose with frustration, "Yeah, because we weren't actually together, right?"

"No, no. Athena, listen to me, please." Steven pleaded, grabbing both of the female's hands in his.

"You have three minutes to explain." Athena informed him, gritting her teeth as she spoke, "Go."

Quickly, Steven grabbed his phone out of his pocket and went onto the conversation between him and his ex-girlfriend before he passed the phone to Athena, allowing her to read the conversation as he spoke, "I didn't cheat on you. That girl is my ex, who recently broke up with her boyfriend and came running back to me for sex." Once Athena had finished reading the conversation, her wide eyes lifted up and locked with Steven's, "I could never cheat on you, Athena. You mean way too much to me."

After he had finished explaining, Athena let out a bitter laugh, "I'm so fucking stupid."

At that, Steven's eyes narrowed with confusion, "What?"

"I never let you explain in the first place. I should've. Hell, if I did then we wouldn't be in this mess now. God, why am I such a damn idiot?" Athena growled, tears welling up in her hazel eyes.

"Hey!" Steven cried out, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her in for a tight hug, "You're not an idiot. I'm the idiot. I should've blocked her when she first messaged me and then none of this would've happened. I'm sorry, Athena."

"I accept your apology. Do you accept mine?" She questioned, burying her head in his chest as she did so.

"Yeah." Steven muttered, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead before he lifted up her head and pressed his lips against hers, "But, I think that the most important question is will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes." Athena responded, before their lips met again in a fiery passion.