27) Better Off

*LIAM'S POV*

The sun shines in my eyes causing them to flutter open. The first thing I see is Brielle still sound asleep beside me. She looks so peaceful.

Her hand moves ontop of my chest and I place my hand over hers.

"Morning beautiful." I say, my morning voice a little croaky.

She smiles and opens her eyes meeting mine.

I didn't have another nightmare. I feel really relaxed, it's a nice change from waking up worrying that I hurt someone.

I rub my thumb against her delicate hand.

"Morning." she mumbles against the sheets.

I get up off the bed and stretch my arms out wide.

"Want me to bring you up some breakfast?" I ask her.

She nods her head and closes her eyes wrapping herself in the white sheets.

I walk out of the door and close it lightly. my feet pat down on the steps down the stairs. I turn and enter the kitchen to lock eyes with four angry looking vampires sitting around the kitchen table.

I groan "What now?"

Louis stares at me with his eyebrows pushed together,

"Where did you sleep last night Liam?" he asks in a slick tone.

"In Brielle's roo-"

"For Christ sake's Liam! Do you want to wake up next to a fucking dead body?!" Louis shouts sitting up out of his chair.

"I didn't think anything bad would happen! I figured the nightmares wouldn't come if I was with her." I try to explain.

"It doesn't matter what you figure Liam... you could have hurt her! Just the other night you just about broke my jaw in your sleep! I had to rush down to get Niall to heal me up!" Louis fumes, his tone getting angrier.

"I-I'm sorry okay! Not my fault I can't control it!" I shout back at him.

Harry crosses his arms and gives me a stern look.

"Oh give me a break." I say looking at him.

He straightens his posture "Shes better off with me." he growls.

That's it, that pushed me off the edge.

I dodge towards him full speed and push him down on the tile floor.

"TAKE THAT BACK!" I shout in his face, feeling the blood rush to my head. He shows off his fangs and tries to push me off him. I push him harder to the floor causing the white tiles to crack beneath him.

Louis and Zayn grip my shoulders truing to lift me up off of him but I shrug them off me.

"TAKE IT BACK HARRY!" I shout lifting him up off the ground by his neck. I smash him against the fridge and let his neck go, he slides down to the floor and groans.

"You know it's true." he mutters spitting out black blood onto the floor.

"That's enough!" Louis yells lifting Harry up off the floor. Once he's up Harry tries to run towards me but Louis holds him back. I take a step backwards at Harry's move.

"Let me at him!" Harry shouts, his hands grabbing at me in the air, blue electric volts surrounding his fingertips.

"I SAID ENOUGH!" Louis shouts grabbing the back of Harry's neck shoving him outside through the kitchen door.

As he's about to walk out he turns to look at me,

"You better tame yourself mate!" he hisses and slams the door shut.

I stand there breathing heavy, eyes burning a bit from the anger in me. I look over at Zayn and Niall , both giving me the look of pity.

I groan and cover my face with my hands.

"What's wrong with me?" I whisper in my palms. I let my hands fall to my sides and look at the floor, the white tiles broken apart across the floor from where I pushed Harry.

My eyes look over to the fridge and it has dents in it.

"I better go and heal up Harry." Niall says and walks out the back door.

"I didn't mean to lash out like that, you know that's not how I behave.." I try to explain to Zayn.

I sigh and look back over to Zayn, he's no longer looking at me but behind me.. his expression hard to read.

"What?" I croak. He doesn't answer me so I turn around and spot Brielle behind me, her head peeking out behind the wall, eyes wide with shock.

My heart drops as I spot her. Her body stiffens as she looks at the dents in the fridge and the broken tiles on the floor.

"Brielle I-"

she quickly runs up stairs before I can finish my sentence. I sigh and take a seat at the table.

Zayn takes a seat in the chair next to me and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Look, you and Harry need to sort this out."

"There's nothing to sort out Zayn! Brielle is my girlfriend, she's my mate! Not his! He needs to accept that." I say getting angry again.

"You're right, she's yours Liam. He's having trouble getting his mind around that. I'm sure Louis is yelling at him about it right now."

*Harry's POV*

"Do you understand Harry?!" Louis asks a second time.

"Yes, I understand." I say quietly looking down.

"You can't change how they feel about eachother, you can't break their love. You are just going to have to be patient and wait till you find your mate. Being angry towards Liam for being inlove with Brielle isn't right."

"But I love Brielle also."

"No, just shut up Harry. You know very well how all this is going to end up if you and Liam keep fighting over her. You've seen it." Louis reminds me.

He's right, I have seen how it will end. Liam and I will be so possessive over Brielle, attacking each other over her, and eventually attacking her. A single bite to the neck is all it takes to have complete control over a fragile humans heart. Once my venom is in her bloodstream, I would be in complete control over, As if she was my slave, because she doesn't love me back.  But I wouldn't do that to her, I couldn't.

Liam and Brielle love eachother, it's only right if he ends up biting her. She wouldn't be a slave to him, his venom is compatible with her blood, it would turn her, not manipulate her mind and feelings like my venom would.

"That's not going to happen Louis, I won't let myself go that far." I assure him and myself.

"You better not. That poor girls been through enough, let her be happy with Liam."

I nod my head. I'm just going to have to accept it. I can't do anything about it.

"You're all healed up now." Niall says next to me, removing his hand from my back.

I hadn't even noticed he was healing me, I was so caught up with my thoughts.

"Thanks."

"No problem mate, just keep yahself out of trouble!" Niall tells me. I smile humbly and we all head back inside.

*Liam's POV*

The back door opens and in comes Louis, Niall, and Harry. I get up from the chair and glare at Harry as he steps towards me.

"Look mate," he begins,

"I understand that Brielle is your mate.. not mine. I won't try to come between you and her from now on. I don't want us to fight and I don't want Brielle hurt." He says seriously.

I look into his eyes and furrow my brows.

"Good." I reply. "Now if you excuse me, I have to go and see if she's okay. She saw me and you fight, you should've seen her face .. complete fear."

Harry nods and I start to make my way upstairs.

*Brielle's POV*

The images replay in my mind of Liam lifting Harry up by the neck and slamming him into the fridge. My hearts still pounding from the sight.

Liam looked so wild, so out of control. It reminds me that he's not like me, he's stronger and if he gets mad he could hurt me badly. There's no telling what an angry vampire might do, and it frightens me. I don't want to be that fragile human the boys have to be extra careful with.

My head turns to the door as I hear the knob turn, it opens and Liam peeks his head in.

"It's okay, I'm calm now." He says as he steps in the room and closes the door.

I scoot back to the headrest of the bed and pull my knees up.

"What happened down there?" I ask.

"Nothing, it was just a stupid fight." he says not fully answering my question.

I don't bother to ask what really happened, I don't want to get him mad again. I scoot to the end of the bed and look at him, his hair still slightly messy from the fight.

"Come here." I say holding my arms out.

Liam walks towards me and pulls me close to him gently. I sigh in his arms,

"Liam, I want you to turn me."