It Can't Be... Can it?

*Hand out tissue boxes* You may need it...

Yuri couldn't move from where he stood, too shocked to do much. He knew exactly what Phichit had meant when he said that he had to tell him. He had told Viktor, without his consent. Or, maybe, he had told Viktor because he was put under pressure? Yuri didn't know, but the thought chilled him to his core and caused his body to freeze. His phone still lay on the kitchen floor and the sound of his friend crying for him could be made out. The kitchen was engulfed in a sudden silence, Yalenchka staring worriedly at his mother.

It was then that Hiroko walked into the room, a bright smile on her face as she smelt the air. She was about to ask Yuri what he had cooked for the family, for she always enjoyed the way her son cooked, when she noticed the situation she walked in to. Yuri stood stock still in the doorway of the kitchen, looking as if he were about to leave. His face held a mortified expression and he was looking down at the ground where his phone lay, Phichit's face beaming up at her and letting her know that he had just been talking to the Thai skater.

When she looked over at Yalenchka, the boy was looking at her with an expression that pleaded for her to do something. He was scared, and he wanted her to do something.

"Yuri dear, are you alright?" Hiroko asked, walking to him and placing her hands on his shoulders, shaking him slightly to break him out of his reverie. His eyes slowly found there way on her face and she flinched at just how scared Yuri looked, his eyes wide and his pupils so small she almost couldn't see them.

"Mama," he began, calling her a name that he hadn't called her since he was young, allowing Hiroko to know that something was definitely wrong.

Tears welled in his eyes and he choked back a sob, causing his mother to wrap her arms around him. He wrapped his arms around her too, sobbing lightly and speaking.

"He told him, mama," Yuri stated, hugging her tighter. "He said that he had to tell him and I didn't know how to respond."

Yuri knew that his mother caught on to the meaning behind what he had said, for her grip around him tightened as well. When she pulled back, she looked into his eyes and nodded to him, picking up his phone. He took it from her hands and looked down at it, knowing that Phichit was still waiting for him to speak again since he hadn't yet hung up. Looking at his son, he saw that he was worried about him and he smiled in reassurance. Yalenchka visibly relaxed at the gesture and Yuri looked back at his mother, nodding towards his son.

"Of course, dear," she agreed. "You go and talk to Phichit and work some things out."

He nodded, walking out of the kitchen and making his way towards his own room. Once there, he shut his door. Hesitantly, he put his phone back to his ear and took a deep breath.

"Phichit," he started, looking up at the posters in his room, trying to gain some sort of comfort in the fact that he had pictures of Viktor on his walls. "I want you to tell me everything that happened. From the beginning."

..........

"I... have a child?"

Phichit nodded his head and looked intently at Viktor's face to gauge his reaction. The man looked extremely shocked, so shocked that he looked as if he almost didn't believe him. The Thai skater bit his bottom lip, waiting silently for another sign of Viktor's reaction.  Viktor's face slowly began to morph into a glare as he glared at Phichit. Shocked, Phichit flinched and widened his eyes, not expecting this reaction.

"Are you trying to make me feel jealous, Phichit?" Viktor asked, his gaze casting downwards as he cried even more.

Phichit shook his head, crawling a little closer to Viktor in panic. "No, I-"