Remembering their parents when they were still alive, Natsu smiled at his brother.

"I know." He said.

And then a vintage car stopped in front of the church's wide entrance. Getting everyone's attention with its arrival.

And then she came out.

Lucy was still far from clear sight, but he knew, she was beautiful.

The procession started.

As Mr. Heartfilia walked his daughter down the isle, he couldn't stop a tear from travelling down his cheek. Lucy turned to him, hearing him sniff.

"Daddy, you okay?," she asked as she smiled at him. Lucy knew he was happy for her.

"Of course I am. I'm just happy that I get to walk you down the isle before I..." Jude started as he looked at her with a smile mixed with happiness and sadness,"...before daddy goes on a vacation. A very long vacation," he finished.

"You're going on a break? Wow, that's not like you dad. You'd even go for an all-nighter if noone stopped you," Lucy said giggling. She didn't get it.

Jude only gave a silent chuckle at her innocence.
.
.
"Do you, Natsu Dragneel, take Lucy Heartfilia as your lawfully wedded wi-"

"I do", Natsu answered cutting off the priest. As impatient as ever.

"And do you, Lucy Heartfilia, take Natsu Dragneel as your lawfully wedded husband?"

She stared into his eyes. This was it. She just had to say the words and Natsu would be hers forever.

"Yes, I do."

And then they kissed. For the first time, they kissed. Just like what Natsu imagined what she'd taste like, as sweet as chocolate and honey.

They looked at everyone as they congratulated the two of them as husband and wife. Everyone was cheering and giving their applause.

Natsu turned back to Lucy as she looked back at him.

He kissed her again. This time, longer and more passionate.

And this time, he whispered in her ear,

"I will protect you."
.
.
.
Light shined from the chandeliers that occupied the ceiling of the Grand Hall. It's size having half the size of a baseball field. The reception was held in the Heartfilia mansion, the celebration spared no expenses.

Lucy was talking with the women, getting to know the family of her husband's 'business partners'. Just like Sherry Blendy, wife of Vastia; and Wendy, little sister of Jellal Fernandes. She also made friends with Mavis, who she came to know as Zeref's wife. Mavis was eyeing her husband the whole time, complaining why he'd rather talk to Rogue Eucliffe than dance with her. Lucy found this adorable. Despite being older than Lucy, Mavis was acting like the immature one.

Natsu was at the other corner, talking and discussing business stuff with the men.

All of a sudden, a music played. It was a violin version of Sam Smith's "Latch". As it started, Natsu made his way to his wife, pulling her gently into the center of the room. Everyone made a circle for them, giving them the entire floor. It was their dance.

So they danced to the mellow rhythm of the song.

As they did, Lucy's eyes got caught at the sight of red and blue.

"Isn't that Erza? And that man, Wendy's older brother, isn't he one of your partners?," she started. Natsu followed her gaze.

"That's Jellal Fernandes. He's a good friend. Let's just say he and Erza have a... mutual relationship." He answered, looking back at her.

"Ooohh...," she said. A blush forming on her cheeks. As they continued to dance, another pair caught her attention.

"Wait, that's Juvia. Why is she talking to that other friend of yours? I thought she only had Gray on her mind," she said giggling.

"Lyon Vastia, he's Juvia's half brother. And yes, she's Gray-obsessed," he said.

Lucy gave another 'oohh' only this time she wasn't blushing.

This time, she saw another pair.
It was Levy, standing near Gajeel. And she was blushing like crazy. It didn't take long for Lucy to get the idea. Just by looking at the picture, Levy liked him.

As the song reached the chorus, Natsu leaned down closely to Lucy. He sang as the violin played.

"Now I've got you in my space

I won't let go of you

Got you shackled in my embrace

I'm latching on to you..."

As he did so, Lucy couldn't help but close her eyes as she listened to his husky voice. She had no idea how he did it, but he made her feel safe.
.

.

.

(Citrus coming up next)