5

HEARTFILIA ESTATE
With her back on the bed, she stared at the white ceiling of her room, lost in her own thoughts.

Today was Lucy's day off and she had been spending the whole morning replaying the events that took place the night before.
.
.
"Marry me."

She heard him say. The words echoed through her ear, but she couldn't seem to understand what it meant. Like her brain stopped working.

To ease the tension between them, she playfully punched him on the shoulder. Laughing nervously and telling him to stop joking. She hoped he would laugh with her as if he really was just kidding. But a part of her didn't. She was confused.

Natsu caught her hand and held it tightly, making her stop.

"I want you to marry me." He said again.

Oh he wasn't joking. He was serious. She was sure she had her eyes wide open the whole time. He just asked her to marry him. No, he wasn't even asking.

Not knowing what to do or what to tell him, she ran away from him. Like a scared kitty.

She left him hanging.
.
.
"AAHH!! Im so stupid!" She shouted as she rubbed her hands over her face. It was the nth time she replayed that scene like a broken tape record.

"He must think I hate him now," she said to herself.

She had 'sadness' written all over her face.

"I don't hate you, Natsu. I don't. I like...love you even..." she was now hugging a pillow.

"But...It was too sudden. I...I shouldn't be acting this way. This is not the first time i've been asked for marriage. But this was the first time someone asked me to marry him in person. Like personally. Directly. I mean, the others just went and told dad that they wanted to have me as their wife. I even think its for the money! I never loved them. Never. But this time,...this time it's different. You...I..I actually love you," she murmured without sparing a breath.

As if realization hit her, she sat up straight on her bed.

"I love him," she said again.

"I love him," and again.

"I love hiiiiim!!!," and for the last time she said it again before lying back down, curling up into a ball and hugging the pillow tightly...regretting what she just did.
She had to do something about it.

THE FIVE FAMILIES

The room was huge.

Its walls were made of expensive wood painted in dark brown with a mixture of bloody dark red. A chandelier gave off a yellowish light which illuminated the room.

At the center was a round table.

Only the heads of the five Families were allowed to take the seats, the Don of the clans from different territories scattered in Japan. True enough, five men sat on the table. By just their looks, they were no ordinary people.

The Families comprised of the Dragneel, Fernandes, Eucliffe, Vastia, and Nura.

Dragneel was the first rank Family. They owned and controlled successful companies and multiple famous hotels. Had many 'friends' in politics. They were first in wealth and the most powerful out of the five. Due to their enormous wealth, some people had suspicions about their activities. But because they had the best lawyer, they always got away with anything dirty that could be traced back to them.

Fernandes was second. Owning almost all the casinos and any gambling centers.

Eucliffe, Vastia, and Nura were at the same level. Owning establishments that were not as known as the previous two. Earning less suspicion from the people.

"No. I thought we all had an agreement about this. Weapons, yes. Gambling, yes. But drugs, no." Natsu spoke.

"I agree. Didn't we all say that anything concerning our business must have nothing to do with anything that messes up the brain?," head of the second rank Family, Jellal Fernandes, added.

Rogue Eucliffe and Lyon Vastia nodded their heads to this.

They were the mafia. They killed people, but with reason.

Years ago, even before they became heirs to their own Family, the previous Dons had an agreement to exclude drugs in their line of business. They always looked out for the future of their own families.

But now, one head has just proposed for the inclusion of this thing. The Nura Family.

"Why not? This is the modern generation. Imagine how much money we would-" Rikuo, head of the Nuras started, but wasn't given the chance to finish.

"No," was the simple word that came out of Dragneel.

A word with authority. Both men stared at each other. Waiting for whoever would give in first. Of course, it wouldn't be Natsu.

"Ah yes. Of course. No drugs then. My apologies," Nura said. A smile on his face. But this smile wasn't friendly though. Not friendly.

"If that is all then we shall consider this gathering dismissed," Natsu said calmly(as always) as he and the others stood up.

Soon, the giant doors of the room closed. All had left except for a single soul draped in disappointment and hate.

"That Dragneel fucking ruins everything," Nura cursed.

He swore never to forget the humiliation he had that day.