After checking my own floor and finding not a single broken window I moved down to the second floor and then the first floor. By the time I made it to my office I was stumped. Not a single window had been broken, but I knew that the sound that had woken me up had been shattering glass.

Pausing to think of what to do, I slid into my office and pulled out the emergency phone that I kept in secret. I hit the "1" button and the phone started to ring. I only had to wait a few seconds when my contact picked up.

"Issues?" He asked immediately.

"Are you near by?"

"I'm not, but I have someone watching. I always do."

"Can...can you tell them to do a quick sweep?"

"Something happened?"

"I woke up to the sound of shattered glass. When I went and walked the house, I found nothing. Not even a chip."

"Alright. I will have them check everything out. Anything else?"

"No that's it. Thanks Ced-" Something suddenly slipped over my nose and my mouth. It was some kind of soft material that carried a heavy scent of lilac and pine. For a moment I just absorbed the heavenly scent, but then I felt my wolf and realized what was happening.

Gulping back my fear, I began to thrash around. Knowing that there was nothing more then glass and brick behind me, I kicked my feet up onto my desk and shoved back with all the strength I had.

The person behind me grunted as their back collided with the window. Their grip loosened slightly but not enough to wiggle out of. Ignoring the suddenly weight of my arms and legs, I pulled off the soft material and sent my canines down into my attacks hand.

He let go with a howl of pain. Taking advantage of my sudden freedom, I ran. I ran out the office and up to the Alpha wing. I had just made it to my own room when someone got a hold of a chunk of my hair and pulled back hard. It felt like my hair was being ripped from my skull, all that I could hear was the beat of my racing heart deep in my ears.

Bracing myself for the worst, I covered my face and linked Titan. I cried out as I lost all feelings in my legs, my whole body going numb. Darkness swam in quickly, its cold hands welcoming me with open arms. My fear was like a monster, it's claws digging deep. This is impossible....

***

"And the hands reached out," he whispered, "They snatched up the little wolf and took her away from everything she loved de-"

"Trent Kyle Eldoran!" Isadona came storming into the living room with a look that could kill. Her long, delicate fingers dug themselves into his sweatshirt and pulled him to off the ground, "I told you not to tell her those stupid stories any more!"

"Come on Izzy-"

"No! I told you and Titan both to stop trying to scare Cara!" With a growl as deep as a mad man, Isadona pushed Trent onto the couch and pulled my to my feet. "Let's go Cara. I have a new book to read to you!

Hearing the news about a new book forced excitement through my veins. I was jumping around like I'd gone into a sugar rush from getting into the hidden candy drawer.

"Izzy-"

"I'm not listening Trent. Do you not remember all the nights we had to stay up with her instead of sleeping because of those blasted stories?"

"It wasn't scary! Were you scared Cara?" He asked as he turned his attention towards me. I shook my head no even though I knew I wasn't going to be able to sleep in my own bed tonight.

"See Izzy? Cara is fine. She's a big girl!"

"She's lying." She snapped as she started pulling me towards the stairs, "She always does this! Geez why are you boys so stupid!?" I could hear Trent's reply but I had lost sight of him the moment I hit the stairwell. Isadona was fuming by the time we made it to the first floor. "Now listen here Cara. You can't keep listening to those blasted stories."

"But-" I started.

"No buts young lady! You always get scared afterwards."

"But they're good stories..."

"No there not. They're stupid and childish. Besides, no one would try to take an Alpha. They are the strongest out there. Plus I would never even let anyone touch you."

"Am I am Alpha?" My sisters smile almost dropped when I asked her. I'd been hearing the whispers being passed between her and Trent. They've never really made sense, but they've been getting worse ever since my hearings gotten better.

"No sweetie...not yet."

"Titan says it's painful." I whispered mainly to myself.

"You don't need to worry about that." Isadona beamed as she pulled me into a hug, "Trent and I will be there every step of the way. I promise you will never be in any pain. I love you Cara."

"I love you too Izzy."

A/N: my writing splurges have dropped. I'm slowing down...ugh I hate these stages. Well I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Time for the fun to begin...hopefully.