Chapter 7:

Natasha's POV

"How about a semigod?"

There are times when I forget what terrible puns Percy makes. Thankfully this one wasn't that bad, it was actually pretty funny, but honestly there have been some pretty awful ones.

I'd never admit it but Percy was hilarious. He came up with terrible puns and after being around me for so long had added a bit of dark humor to his repertoire. However I could not take credit for his sassiness. Yes, the kid was a walking talking ball of sass, and he wasn't joking when he said he didn't do well with strictness or authority. There had been times when he had nearly caused both monsters and teachers to explode from sheer anger at him.

There had even been a time when he had meet the director of shield, Nick Fury. Percy was eight at the time and had been walking to meet me in a park before I saw Fury making his way over to me. Before Percy could give away our relationship to Fury, I signaled him letting him know it wasn't safe to interact normally.

Fury was my boss and to an extent I trusted him, but I knew he would always put the security of the world before anything else. And considering how powerful and skilled Percy already was, I knew I didn't want him to show his abilities to Fury, as he would undoubtedly be exploited. So I had kept our relationship a secret from everyone, even Fury and my friend Clint. And I intended to keep it a secret.

Yet instead of walking away Percy kept coming toward us. I mentally cursed him. What is he thinking! I was afraid he hadn't realized what my signal meant, but before I could do anything Percy started talking.

"Hi are you a pirate!"

My fear vanished, he had understood my signal, but was deciding to be a little shit. He must have recognized Fury from my shield files and wanted to mess with him. He had always said he wanted to see if Fury lived up to his name.

"No, I'm not. Now get lost kid."

"I'm not a kid, I'm all grown up and since you got that wrong you're probably wrong about being a pirate too. So you're Mr. Pirate man."

By the end his smirk was firmly in place, I shuddered. I had been on the end of that smirk and the results had not been pretty.

"Kid, I'll say this one more time. You are a child, and I am not a pirate. Now. Get. LOST!"

"Nah, you're too funny. Look your face is getting all red! Now you're mister Tomato Pirate Man!"

"Natasha I order you to get rid of this child!"

"No can do boss, it's too public here. His parents are likely around and I would prefer not to have to deal with child kidnapping and/or endangering charges. If you want him gone you have to deal with him yourself."

It took every once of training I had not to burst out laughing at Fury's well, Furious face. Percy was right, he was a mister Tomato Pirate Man.

While looking like he was about to blow his top Fury stalked over to Percy. He tried to grab him but Percy slipped out of his grasp with so much skill, it looked unskilled and childish. This continued on for quite sometime. A now glowing red Fury, charging to grab Percy, while he just kept dodging and slipping from Fury's grasp. It reminded me of when Percy had fought the Minotaur.

Eventually Percy had gotten bored and Fury had gotten tired, so with one last comment Percy escaped.

"Bye Mister Tomato Pirate Man, you weren't very good at this game, you should practice instead of dressing up like a pirate. See you!"

Fury was gasping but was trying to yell a comeback, however Percy had already seemingly disappeared. (He was actually hiding in a tree just a few feet from us.) Regaining his breath and cursing Fury finally recovered.