Chapter 6: Revelations and Explanations

It had been three years since Percy and Natasha had started to train together. In that time they had become closer than siblings, both would take a bullet for the other without a second thought and many times almost had. This was because after a year of training Natasha decided that Percy needed some real-life experience and thus allowed her to follow her on less dangerous assignments. However, with the Black Widow nothing was ever really that safe and many of her missions had involved more weapons than had been predicted. In fact Percy's first mission had been a simple file retrieval, which had ended up involving a seismic gun, a chicken and an old British woman... Don't ask.

Percy had also trusted Natasha as much as she would a sibling. After a year of working together she had shown and told Natasha, she was polygender. She had shifted her form and explained to her the mentality of gender identity. Natasha had been ecstatic that Percy trusted her enough to share such a big secret with her and that Percy had an incredibly useful skill for an agent. Sadly not everyone was as accepting of the idea. After her success in telling Natasha, seven year old Percy had told her ,thought to be friend, Kamila, she was polygender. However unlike Natasha, Kamila had mocked Percy and told everyone at school what a freak she was. That had been the only school Percy had left rather than been expelled from.

After her horrifying experience Percy had reverted from the happy, open kid she was with Natasha, to her previous closed off self. It had taken weeks to bring the girl back and after she recovered she still didn't return to school for nearly a year. In that year Natasha had taken on as many domestic missions as she could, so it was easier for Percy to go with her.

Percy's training had also progressed exceptionally well. She could now speak eight languages, she spent six months learning general vocabulary and grammar and one month perfecting accent and intonation. She had difficulty reading most of them due to her dyslexia, but she could speak English, Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, German, French and somehow Greek and Latin. The last two had been discovered accidentally.

Natasha and Percy had gone to a museum in an attempt to discover the origins of Percy's powers and had found they were able to read the ancient texts in the Roman and Greek sections. It had actually been quite funny because they had unintentionally started to speak the languages after they had read them and were confused as to why the curator couldn't understand them.

Percy had made progress in other areas of her training as well. She was probably one of the most fit and deadly nine year olds on earth, having learned every martial art she could find, mastering all the weapons in Natasha's extensive collection and honing her senses to the peak. She was also strong and scarily flexible, her double joints and constant training allowing her to bend into shapes that would normally be impossible. Percy and Natasha had actually worked on devolving a personal martial art that likely only Percy would be able to perform, due to it's extremely high criteria. With every level the requirements compounded, to pull off even basic moves you had to be incredibly flexible, for the next level it was strength and the most advanced moves required almost prophetic reflexes.

Percy's education had not been neglected either. With Natasha's tutelage and self-study, Percy would be taking college level classes by the time she was ten. And when in came to tech skills Percy was second to none. Percy had already surpassed Natasha when they had first met, so she had received wireless tutoring on the subject from the world's top computer scientists and hackers. However Percy had even surpassed these experts and had to teach herself by the time she was eight.

And last but not least were Percy's powers and their origins. The pair had come up with a fairly solid theory about not just Percy, but Natasha as well after years of research and comparisons. They were both able to naturally speak Greek and Latin and could only easily read the two languages. They also had incredible inborn combat skills and had put them to use when they had been attacked by monsters on a few missions.