CHAPTER 19

Arham is standing there holding Aamir by his collar looking at him with a murderous glare. I quickly wrap my night robe and tie it quickly.

Aamir looks at Arham and smirks 'See your boyfriend is he...' before Aamir could complete his sentence Arham punches him hard in his guts. Aamir winces and stumbles few steps back clenching his stomach tightly. Arham then punches him hard on his face

'Arham' I yelp, I am not worried for Aamir, that jerk deserves all the bashing but I fear for Arham. I don't want him to hurt himself or get into any trouble.

Aamir is in no state to retaliate, Arham punches him again and he falls. I panicked as Arham climbs over Aamir and start to punch him senseless. I quickly grabbed the landline

'How...dare...you...misbehave...with "my" Zahra' he says still punching Aamir

I freeze, did he just call me as "his". This is the first time he has showed his possessive side, not even in school had I seen this side of him.

I quickly compose and call the reception, the way Arham is punching Aamir I fear he might kill him and I don't want Arham to become a murderer.

I put the phone down and rush towards Arham and Aamir, I held his shoulder and tried to pull him off Aamir.

'Arham stop' I plead trying to move him, I could see blood and lots of it. So much blood is making me feel giddy.

Within seconds security guards come and they managed to pull Arham off Aamir. They took Aamir away, they were going to take Arham too for creating nuisance but I stepped in to rescue him.

'Officer, this man (I point at Aamir) barged into my room and assaulted me, and Arham saved me. what he did was in self-defence' I clarified to the two policemen who the hotel staff had got.

They handcuffed Aamir and took him away. Once the policemen left I sigh in relieve and hug Arham, clinging on to him tightly. Arham slowly hugs me. I am really grateful to Arham that he came on right time else I can't even imagine what Aamir would have done to me. Tears begin to flow from my eyes. Arham separates our frames, I lowered my head and stare at the ground sniffling. It is then I noticed blood on Arham's knuckles. Is it his or Aamir? Nevertheless, I get worried.

'Arham, you are bleeding' I say and held his hand, he looks at me and then moves his hand

'It's okay...I am fine...' he says

'Shut up' I say taking his hand again and pulling him towards the bed. I make him sit and get some ointments and bandage from the cupboard. Arham winces as I apply the ointment on the hurt.

'I am sorry' I apologize. Arham looks at me and smiles.

'Waise, what happened to you...if we hadn't stopped you, you would have killed him' I say bandaging his wound.

'Of course I would have killed him...such shitty people don't deserve to live' he says angrily; his tone is so menacing that I got scared. Arham looks at my torn sleeves I notice him get angrier, I quickly try covering my sleeve and get up.

'I will freshen up' I say. Arham stands up and held my hand

'You are fine?' he says

I smile 'if I have a friend like you then I will definitely be fine.' I say. He takes a step forward and hugs me. This is the first time he has initiated the hug. I held him tightly wrapping my hands around his waist.

I so wanted to tell him how much I love him but I didn't...I couldn't. I go into the bathroom to change my nightdress. I took my purse inside, I opened the side zip and take out a silver ring. My father's engagement ring, I had slipped it in my bag that night after my engagement with Aamir. I know now that I have found the deserving man for it, a man who had always been deserving, the man I love.