CHAPTER 18

'How am I looking?' I say twirling around showing off my dress. Arham looks at me smiling, I stumble as my right feet hits my left.

'Uff...' but before I could fall on the floor, Arham held me by my waist. He helps me stand.

'Don't get so over excited' he says and I pout looking down. I shiver when I feel his fingers brush against my forehead as he removes few strands of hair that fell over my face. Our gaze locked as he tucks those strands behind my ear.

I glance at his lips and then quickly up into his eyes, his grey eyes captivating me. I felt my heart flutter as I see love in his eyes.

I can see it, Nooren can see it, then why is Arham so oblivious to the fact that he loves me. Does he know but due to his guilt he is holding himself back? Or he is really that naïve to not realize he loves me. I am hundred percent sure he loves me, there is no doubt about it. I had seen love in his eyes ten years ago and I see it now.

I tiptoed and bring my face close to his, our gaze still locked once again. Neither of us able to avert our gaze. Arham seems to be in trance because he doesn't protest as I bring my lips closer to his, but I didn't kiss him on his lips. I pecked his cheek and smile. Arham shakes his head as he brings himself back to reality.

'Thank you...for everything.' I say, I am really grateful to him. By exposing Aamir, Arham is actually saving my life...my future and maybe perhaps our future.

Arham smiles sadly 'You are my friend...and I love you...'he says

My heart almost stops for a second, "he said he loves me", I think I will faint.

'As a friend...'Arham says quickly covering up. I smile

'I love you too...as a friend' I say and giggle, he smiles too. I really hope he loves me more than just friends and is saying this only to not make me feel awkward.

As I lay in bed that night I look at Arham's sleeping figure. I glance at our joined hands, Arham didn't have nightmares since I started holding his hands. I look up at the ceiling and wonder. Where will my life go from here? After exposing Aamir will my parents break the alliance? Will they force me to marry? Will they find another alliance for me?

I decided that night, I am going to break this alliance no matter what my parents say, I will reason with them, of course they aren't so evil to force me to marry, like Nooren had said my happiness is of top importance to them. And there is another thing I am sure of, that is Arham. After this mess I am going to ask Arham to marry me, yes, I will confess my feelings and let him speak his heart and then I will propose him, I am sure he will say yes. He has to.

*

Next day I and Arham go to Aamir's home, this time Anjum happily let us in. She said Aamir had come early in the morning and so he is sleeping. We wait in the living room as Anjum goes to wake Aamir.

She enters the living room after five minutes she informs that Aamir has woken up and has gone to freshen up. Anjum then goes to kitchen for getting us snacks. I sit there next to Arham on the double sofa, I shake my leg feeling nervous. I will be confronting Aamir now, what will I say? Last night I was wide wake and in my mind, I had been preparing a good script to say to Aamir next day, but now when the moment has come my heart is in my mouth.

I feel Arham's hand on my thigh and I look at him surprised. He blinks slowly at me assuring me, with him beside me I feel little confident.

Anjum is arranging snacks for us, I look at the tasty snacks and realize that we won't be having any of this. I don't know what to except, imagining what is going to happen here in this room. I clench my fists when I hear his footsteps, I hope I don't lose my calm.