Life ii

I jolt awake snapping out of the plague of a vision that fell upon me. I find myself still clutching the know broken snow globe, the ink spread on the parchment I had previously been writing on, blood on my hands of the pieces of glass that pierced my skin and a Riddle watching me with a look of sympathy in his eyes, or was it care or.... I was too shocked to bother right this moment.

"What happened Elizabeth" he asked concern in his tone.

"I-I" I stammer and then realizing to whom was I about to spill the truth too change my mind"I think I"

"What"

'I don't remember" I say faking to an extent the confusion I felt.He was silent for a moment.

"What happened?" I ask as the silence becomes unbearable.

"You fainted." He stopped waiting for a response but my face was unreadable."You had been.." he then looked at my bleeding hand.He gingerly caught it and took out a piece of glass. I closed my eyes allowing myself to feel the pain. He performed a healing spell and a huge bunch of my pain vanished away.

"Elizabeth" he said softly turning my face so that I could see him.My eyes remained closed still as I took a deep breath."It's okay."

I hugged him on an instinct silently wishing it was someone else. He stiffened at first then hugged me back tentatively at first. I smiled at his awkwardness glad he didn't reject me.
I was not a person who initiated physical contact but sometimes during heightened emotional experiences I needed hugs to insure that someone was there.

"Thanks " I tell him a bit sober.

"You're always welcome as long as you don't die on me"

Die

"What?!?"

"You well stopped breathing you're pulse stopped and I thought you were dead but then you crushed the globe"

"Oh well at least I know what makes you awkward "

He raised an eyebrow.

I giggled.

"Hugs"

"Is that meant to have some leverage on me"

I shrugged.

He came close to me mischief in his eyes. His every step forward was my one step back. He was close to me not even a handspan away. The look in his eyes changing to something unidentifiable.

"Tom" I croaked my voice dry.

"Hmm" he mumbles as he traced the curves I held. The hairs on my neck stand up in anticipation as draws me on the walls with his long aristocratic fingers with an artists precision, strokes on a blank canvas.He leans into me his eyes seemingly drinking all my intoxicating details setting fire to embers I didn't know existed.

It is then I hear a gasp and a fall of books and see Euphemia  her mouth open, she shuts it realizing I see her and lowers her gaze picking her books and then leaving. I curse myself and untangle myself from Riddle who simply chuckles.

I leave not bothering to reply with a sarcastic taunt.

She will tell Reece.

I panic.

I can't let that happen, I won't let the only smile of this desolate world of mine leave me.

"Euphemia please stop" I say panting "it was not what you think it is.I fainted and he just well caught me it was nothing of that sort I promise. Don't tell Reece please I will tell Reece myself "