Letter 1

April 13, 2017

Dear whoever-you-are,

                It's rather an understatement to say that I'm surprised that you have read this. Though, I presume that through my carelessness (which I am quite honest about), you may have picked this little notebook and unraveled the things I never want anyone to read.

                Well, except for that one person. But I am very doubtful that she'll bother to read this anyway. I guess, that must have struck a curiosity on your mind. I can't blame you, though. In case you're wondering, she's the turning point of my life; to say that she's the only one who can make my heart beats faster than what it usually does, is an actual fucked up statement. I mean, come on! Kapag iinom ka ng apat na basong kape, tiyak magpa-palpitate ang puso mo. Ano pa? Kapag sasali ka ng isang contest, hindi ba bibilis ang tibok ng puso mo sa sitwasyon mo? Kayo talaga. Kahit teacher mo nga, napapatibok yung puso mo ng mabilis, paano pa kaya kung siya?

                Honestly, natatawa ako sa mga sinusulat ko dito. But, as I was merely pointing out that mawkish statement, perhaps, what I meant by that was, she has this certain but utterly abstruse effect on me that makes me the kind of guy na inaasar nila na bakla because, of course, the things you do for the girl you love. Yung gagawin mo lahat para sa kanya hanggang umabot sa point na kahit nagpapakatanga ka na sa sarili mo, okay lang basta maipakita mo na mahal mo talaga siya. Ganyan naman talaga ang pag-ibig diba? Yung gawa-gawa rin tayo ng aksyon pag may time kaysa hanggang salita lang tayo, okay na. Naku, I'm telling you, don't ever – ever – trust someone who is only good in words kasi sabi nga nila, actions speak louder than words. That's one of the things that I learned from her.

                However, you may still be wondering about the identities of yours truly and the girl I've been talking about, well, here's the deal, I want you to know us in a way that you're not just unraveling our names and all – instead, I want you to feel like you've known us as though you're with us along the journey. Is that okay with you? I hope it is, though. But before I'll take the courage to begin, I must assure you that I'll leave nothing behind – that every single word written here is the truth.

                Though, I am not in a rush – if ever I am, well, that idea may be utterly irrational! I suppose that things should take time before I have to let everything out – to, at least, feel a little burden. To breathe from the suffocating pain that has been engulfing me for Merlin knows how long. Well, I guess I have to hit the hay for now. I've been practically yawning every single time.           

                 Thank you for reading – and for understanding.

Sincerely yours,
Jacob

                PS: Don't drink a lot of coffee! Nakakasama yun!

* * *

A/N:
HELLO!
It's my very first time to write a TagLish epistolary novel. Everything I've written about his letter and the following ones are not based on my personal story, hihi.
If you have any comments or whatsoever, I'd be totally glad to read them! And if ever you loved this chapter, I hope you'll vote! Kitakits sa susunod na kabanata!