Chapter 21

Tords POV

That- bastard.
Who does he think he is?
It was the next day, and Tom won't talk to me. But I can't get my mind off of that Novae guy.
I sat in a empty dorm, alone, on a bed. If he really is who he looks like he is, then I've got a problem.
I grabbed a cigarette out of my pocket and lit it.
My phone ringed.
I picked it up off of the table.

"Hello?"
"Hello rival!" A cheery voice said.
"Are you kidding me!?" I groaned.
"Nope," he said right back into the phone.
"Why are you calling me?" I said, trying to keep the conversation short.
"I need to talk to you, in person again," he sighed, obviously realizing that I didn't want to talk to him.
"You were just here yesterday!" I yelled.
"I know but this is important," he sneered.
"Fine you mother fucker!" I yelled, my anger getting to me.
"Thank you bitch," he said happier," a plane will be landing in...about 5 minutes to take you here."
He hung up.

I walked out to see a sleek black plane on the runway.
It had the army's symbol on the side, which was in white.
A woman stepped out of the plane. She had black hair, which was dyed blue at the bottom. She was the woman in the picture.
"I'm assuming you are Leader Tord of the Red Army," she surprisingly greeted me with respect.
"Yes and you are?"
"Skya Thompson, sniper and pilot in the CA," she replied.
"What does CA even mean?" I asked, trying not to sound rude.
"Cosmia Army," she answered.
She motioned for me to step into the plane, and I got in. I am aware of the dangers of going into enemy territory alone, but I'll be fine.
She took off and we flew in silence.
"Novae wants me to take you to the cavern, so it may be a little bit of a walk there," she said.
"You talk as if he's your friend," I said.
"He is."
"Someone like him shouldn't have friends," I muttered.
"He needs friends...for his own good..."
"What do you mean?" I asked, knowing I was intruding on their privacy.
She flipped a switch. It was the switch that controlled if the base could hear what she was saying or not. She put the plane in auto pilot and came to the back with me.
"I feel like I can trust you, even though technically we're enemy's.
Novae he, he needs friends to literally, stay alive, because he has panic disorder, social anxiety, and severe bipolar depression. And he is afraid to sleep. He literally has to have Gray with him to be able to sleep because he gets hallucinations and nightmares. The reason I said he needs friends to live is because...he's tried to kill himself seven times...and recently he found out that he has a daughter, and she inherited the panic disorder and social anxiety and she's 5 now. What is weird is how he's observed your army for a few years and literally knows everyone by name, I mean it's scary," she said.

She walked back up to drive the plane.
"Why did you tell me that?" I asked confusedly.
"Because you were interested in his personality, and what I told you is how he really is, not how he acts."
"How did you know I was interested in his personality?" I asked, shocked.

"Because he told me."