"All yours," he said.

"Thanks."

He paused and looked at me with a raised brow. I smiled back in return before entering the bathroom and shutting the door. I had a refreshing shower and then stood in front of the sink to brush my teeth. I could hear Kieran pattering around his room, then a knock came two minutes later.

"Oi, what's your problem?"

I smiled at the mirror. "What do you mean?"

"Don't be stupid, man. My work clothes are missing and you fucked up my mirror."

"Not sure I know what you're talking about."

Only I did. I'd hidden all of Kieran's smart shirts and trousers before using a permanent marker to write "FIVE MINUTES MEANS FIVE MINUTES" on his mirror.

The door rattled as Kieran banged against it. "FUCK! Rebecca, stop this now."

"I'm trying to brush my teeth, bro."

He huffed through the door. "Stop being dumb. Where are my clothes?"

"Don't know."

"I'll be fucking late, man."

"That makes two of us."

He yelled a few insults at me before stomping back to his room. I laughed to myself and spat into the sink. All my life I had expressed my irritation and anger with my mouth, but using (harmless) actions was just as effective and made me feel a lot lighter.

I was 20 minutes late to work. Aside from Kieran ruining my morning, the bus was on diversion and circled the whole of Brixton before stopping outside the station. Herman wasn't around to scold me and Nathan didn't care much since my attendance and time-keeping were usually top notch. I had left home laughing at the fact that Kieran had no choice but to go to work looking like trash. If he had chosen to look in my room, he would have found his work attire in my wardrobe, but he lacked sense and initiative. Hopefully he can pick up those skills at his job.

I had just finished serving a customer and wished them a good day when Stacey returned from the staffroom. She and Nathan had been back there alone for a while. I gave her a look.

"What?" she asked with a shy chuckle as she joined me behind the till.

"You're bright red. What happened back there?"

"Nothing I was just helping him to pick out a present for his mum since it's her birthday soon oh my God don't get any weird ideas," she rushed out breathlessly.

From the panicked reaction to the blush on her cheeks, it was clear that Stacey Coleman was flustered. I grinned at her. "You're really bad at lying."

She sighed. "Okay, we might have done something."

I leaned closer, suddenly excited. "What?" She tapped her nose and I rolled my eyes. "Really?"

"Well, you never tell me what you and Kayden get up to in the stock room."

"That's because we don't do anything besides text on our phones," I said with a shrug. "But at least I tell you all my problems, which is often because my life is a mess."

Stacey regarded me for a while and then rolled her eyes. "Fine. We kissed a little."

I gasped dramatically. "Being naughty on the job? I like it."

She laughed and her face turned an even darker shade of red. If she kept this up, she would look like a tomato. I didn't envy Stacey's pale skin; her emotions betrayed her constantly.