.:1:.

New story, hopefully it will entertain you. Lots of swearing, some mental illness, physical illness, drugs, sex and a whole lot of gay ;)

Okay maybe it's not that wild, but I feel like people can relate to this and it's been on my mind for ages

Enjoy.

_____________

When kids go to new schools, the day they complain about most is the first one. I failed to understand that logic: it was a clean slate, you did not do anything all day, there were no expectations of you. The second day was quite similar. The third one is the same. So is the fourth and fifth. The sixth day, on the other hand, is the start of your second week of school. Teachers stop sympathizing with you so you have to actually do the work now; the goody two shoes' students stop talking to you just for the sake of talking to you; during the first week it did not matter so much, but now you're here, with the rest of your school career ahead of you and absolutely zero friends.

But I should not be this bitter about it, it's not as though I went out of my way to make friends either. Most of my interactions with people consisted of them talking and me attempting to hide my sheepish expression behind my sleeve. I was never very good in social situations.

I was still stared at while I walked down the halls and that terrified me more than anything - being in the spotlight that is, not walking. Although that could be quite a stressful experience too, as you constantly had to measure the probability of tripping in different environments.

Some of the kids who showed me around during my first few days called out greetings to me in the hallways, but no one else really took the effort to approach me. I appreciated that a lot as it minimised some of the inevitable anxiety which I was feeling.

I picked up my books for the first lesson and hurried off. Luckily I had already done the whole 'tell your name, age, and three interesting facts about yourself' in my first week here, so that was pleasantly out of the way. I was left to attempting to look invisible and draw all attention away from myself, just how I liked it.

The classes were okay, kind of dull, but the students at this school were much more intriguing than my previous one. Before, I went to a private school where everyone acted as if no one around them was worth the air they breathed. This school, however, was quite wild. Most public schools were not this way, however it seemed as though the pupils were much more rowdy than usual. I enjoyed this; it was entertaining to see one of the boys get called up to the large board to answer an equation, but draw a dick instead, or how half of the girls were getting rounded up for dress code violations and yelled at by authoritative figures.

During lunch, I sat with one of the student council boys and his friends, because they clearly pitied me. I did not like them much and would have preferred to sit alone, as the idea of being the centre of attention of so many hungry eyes was very unnerving.

Finally my last class of the day was coming to an end and I was packing up my belongings just as the bell rang and most other students left.

"Vic can you please help put the keyboards and guitars away, and - oh, Kellin! I nearly forgot, I need a word with you," my music teacher said, as soon as she realised that I was the last person left - well, other than this Vic boy. Miss Mellow - despite her misleading name - was a woman with an outrageous clothing style, who had a hippie vibe to her, and whose mind was usually away in the clouds but, when she was mentally present, the teacher was quite straight-forward. She seemed sweet though.